Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerpoint washer dryer not spinning

Options
  • 19-01-2014 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi
    I have a problem with my washer dryer of late. Its a Powerpoint 1200 IWD front loader. Its washes through the whole cycle without event apart from the spin. There doesn't appear to be any problem with the water. Its draining and the drum is spinning without problems during the wash cycles apart from the last spin. It just turns a few times during the spin cycle and the cycle ends. I have noticed problems in the last while. Sometimes it spins and sometimes it doesn't. I think Ive reached a point where it wont spin again until its looked at. Yesterday during the spin cycle I noticed a distinct burning smell. I turned off the machine as I had two items in the machine that might have been too heavy. Featherlite when dry but very heavy when wet. I didn't know until it was too late.:(
    Does anyone know what this could be? Is it the drive belt maybe? When it did spin before it didn't make any major noise. Id say the machine is 7-8 years old. I'm renting so this is a guess.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Belt or motor brushes issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 velo11

WikiHow wrote: »
    Belt or motor brushes issue.

Thanks WikiHow. It looks like these parts don't cost too much. I'll contact a service engineer tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Gate Automation

probably programator is gone, cheaper get new one washer.

8_1266346228.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32 velo11

thanks. I hope it isnt. By programator do you mean the part that controls the cycles etc? I did notice the drying function doesnt work at all. Its a dryer washer. Could you have some of the cycles working though if it was defunct? I mean 90% of the wash cycle works.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Gate Automation

velo11 wrote: »
    By programator do you mean the part that controls the cycles etc?

yes

• Advertisement
Advertisement