Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Dillon's Cross a nice place to live in Cork City?

Options
  • 19-01-2014 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi, I am living in Blackpool at the moment. I am interested into moving into a place that has more space.
    I was wondering, is Dillon's Cross a nice place to live in and what services or shops they have there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Dillon's Cross isn't the nicest place, IMO.

In it's favour, it's not far from town. You could walk it in 15-20 minutes, and there's decent bus services in and out (207/208/209). Shops? You'd either have to go to Ballyvolane (Dunnes/Lidl) or to town. Both aren't exactly difficult to get to. The nearest Aldi is either Mayfield or Blackpool.

I'd be looking at Ballyvolane to be honest, if it's the Northside you're looking at. Much nicer area.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ianol1989

Dillon's Cross isn't the nicest place, IMO.

In it's favour, it's not far from town. You could walk it in 15-20 minutes, and there's decent bus services in and out (207/208/209). Shops? You'd either have to go to Ballyvolane (Dunnes/Lidl) or to town. Both aren't exactly difficult to get to. The nearest Aldi is either Mayfield or Blackpool.

I'd be looking at Ballyvolane to be honest, if it's the Northside you're looking at. Much nicer area.

I have a choice between a single room in wilton or a double room in Dillons cross.
    Wilton is nice but is far from town. Dillons cross is closer to town and services.
    Is there an Aldi in Mayfield, that's good to know. Don't like lidl, aldi is better in my opinion because I have been living near it in Blackpool.

Would Dillons cross be the better of the two in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'd pick Dillon's Cross over Wilton any day.
    It is Northside - a bit less gentrified than Wilton but much closer to town.
    Also walking up that hill will keep you fit!

I lived in Harrington Square for a while years ago and I liked it up there - didn't ever have any hassle - things may have changed in the meantime.

You have St. Luke's just down the road with a very good shop and a decent pub.

Advertisement