Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iCloud backup not working

• 19-01-2014 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭

I am trying to back up our ipad and iPhone with weeks now.
    There were a lot of photos on the iPhone (800+) and it came back and Said the backup wasn't successful. 5g data storage with only 115m available. The breakdown was that the iPhone had 3.1gb of photos. My husband proceeded to remove most and there are now about 230 left. It still says that there are 3.1gb of photos on the iPhone though. How can that be?
    We still can't back up with this 3.1 gb of photos on the phone that we can't seem to find. There are no videos on the phone.
    Anyone have advice?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

where are you trying to back up to ?

Connect the phone to itunes and see what its saying about the space.

when you sync the phone all the photos normally are copied to the pc,

click on the iphone in itunes and Check that you haven't set sync photos.

if so, Even though you have deleted them from the phone, every time you sync they copy back

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

It's the iCloud back up.

Thanks.. We will give this a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

What about photos on the iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Zcott wrote: »
    What about photos on the iPad?

There are only a handful of photos on the iPad, but it still shows as 1.5gb. I think it is the same problem but if we resolve one issue it will also solve the other.

The bigger memory space problem seems to be the photos that were on the iPhone, but were removed to a laptop to reduce the 3.1gb the iCloud said was stored on the iPhone photo stream. They're not on the phone anymore but still seem to be taking up the same 3.1gb of space in the iCloud. We have 115kb of available space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

I suggest backing up in iTunes first, since iCloud only offers 5GB of free storage. At least you have a full backup on your computer in case anything goes wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

To see the change in size for photos you have to disable photo backup and then turn it on again. Be careful though cos any photos on iCloud will be deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Up your storage to 15gb, it's only a tenner per year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Try turning iCloud backup on the phone off/on and see if that fixes it. Think I had a similar problem before and this helped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Yep, sounds like the solution is to stop using photo stream. Not ideal though. Maybe just buy extra storage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Photo stream isn't really the issue. Just turn photos off in iCloud and turn it back on to see the difference in storage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement