Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations of a place to work on laptop…

Options
  • 19-01-2014 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Any recommendations of somewhere thats reasonably quiet in D15, where I can get a few cups of coffee and set up my laptop and do some work?

i.e. a cafe, restaurant, a hotel, a pub…?

I'm finding it hard to do work at home and I've used Blanch library a few times but don't find it a source of good creativity…

So just looking for somewhere i can plonk down for a few hours on a comfy couch, somewhere thats not too busy and try get some work done…

I know I'll be one of those annoying customers who sits over a cup of coffee for an hour but any suggestions would be great

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Crowne plaza is generalky ok for this. Get a corner in the bar it can be quieter than the lobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I like Starbucks for this type of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

12th Lock might be nice and looking out on the canal and very quiet generally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Blanch library creche.

Good luck getting any silence in there.

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Insomnia in Carpenterstown is nice. Free Wifi (for an hour).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Any recommendations of somewhere thats reasonably quiet in D15, where I can get a few cups of coffee and set up my laptop and do some work?

i.e. a cafe, restaurant, a hotel, a pub…?

I'm finding it hard to do work at home and I've used Blanch library a few times but don't find it a source of good creativity…

So just looking for somewhere i can plonk down for a few hours on a comfy couch, somewhere thats not too busy and try get some work done…

I know I'll be one of those annoying customers who sits over a cup of coffee for an hour but any suggestions would be great

I find working at home with my own broadband the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Cafe in ongar with free wifi... Pretty comfortable couches in the corner and an ok menu too ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Hug a tree snowflake.
    And think of the children.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

@the diabolical monocle if you have nothing useful to add to this thread stay out of it please, your gibberish is of no value to anyone here

Advertisement