Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse/Touchpad problem

Options
  • 19-01-2014 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭

Googled this already but not much luck due to it been tricky to explain.

Recently done a factory reset on my laptop (Samsung RV511) and since I have done that the mouse has been doing something different.

Everytime i click on the side scroll bar with the touchpad it seems to lock. Therefore the page seems to move in what ever direction I move the mouse. Same with the highlighting feature, it stays on until i click the touch pad again.

Anyway to switch this off ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭notmymark

I have the same laptop and only did a clean install of Windows last weekend.

Im not too clear on what your problems are but I too was having some problems with the touchpad (also the display and fn keys).

I don't know if my issues are the same as yours but maybe the solution will work. Basically Windows Update didn't get the correct drivers so the functionally of the touchpad was limited and non configurable.

I download Samsung Update Plus which got the up to date drivers. Once these were installed the touchpad functioned as before (edges of pad for scrolling, double tap to lock, multi finger zooming and scrolling). The correct settings were also now accessible meaning all these functions could be configured as desired.

Hope this works for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

I think the feature is called ClickLock which I found in the mouse setting however it is already turned off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 vonievega

You could try control panel, options, mouse and check the settings. Sometimes the reset can alter the properties. Also the sensors on the touch pad area is overly sensitive you could adjust this in controls as well.

Advertisement