Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on this treadmill please

Options
  • 19-01-2014 11:42pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    A friends brother is selling this. 4 year old and little use.
    Looking 350 euro.
    http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/folding_treadmills/horizon_quantum_ii_hrc_treadmill/3290_p.html

Is the 2HP motor strong enough and is 16kmph max speed enough?
    It is to start my wife off with some walking and then running.

I am unable to train for another 9 months or so, but I will need it for rehab and HOPEFULLY I will get back to running again next year and aim to get back to 10kms and the odd 1/2 marathon.

What I am asking really;
    Is it good for the above?
    Price wise what do you think?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Hi Yop,wheres I don't have the same treadie,I have one of very similar spec. The motor on mine is 1.75hp,max speed 16kmh,incline 10% etc. I find the top speed adequate for speed workouts 6min/mile pace.I picked mine up s/h also,paid 300 for it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Hi Yop,wheres I don't have the same treadie,I have one of very similar spec. The motor on mine is 1.75hp,max speed 16kmh,incline 10% etc. I find the top speed adequate for speed workouts 6min/mile pace.I picked mine up s/h also,paid 300 for it.

Cheers buck.
    My best 5km is 23 mins so I ain't going to be trying for any winners medals so my pace wouldn't be massive, I think if I got to 4 min 30 per km average would this machine be fast enough, I think it would wouldn't it? Sorry maths aint my strongest! :D

4min 30 km equates to a 45min 10k which is 7.14min/mile pace or 8.29mph or 13.35kmh which is well within the bounds of the 16kmh top speed:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

4min 30 km equates to a 45min 10k which is 7.14min/mile pace or 8.29mph or 13.35kmh which is well within the bounds of the 16kmh top speed:D

LOL, so the day I out run the treadmill then i will be in the olympics :D

Not quite!!!;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement