Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seller only ships to UK mainland address

• 20-01-2014 1:00am

Any way I can get round this please? Parcel Motel only have a N.I address I believe. The item in question is a laptop.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Parcel Motel is your friend .............will be delivered by Nightline in the Republic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Yep, Parcel Motel is yer only man, as Miley Byrne would say!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

You've both missed the point. The seller ships to UK mainland only. That does not include Northern Ireland.

OP write to seller and ask for an exception

Doubt they'd make an exception mate:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321125767097?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Being a business seller I think I'm doomed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Some British postal/courier services charge a premium for delivery to offshore islands, which that seller excludes shipping to.

There'd be no harm asking them about it, and offering to pay extra if it's a reasonable fee.

Edit:-

The seller states they use APC Overnight, their page says they offer services to Ireland

http://www.apc-overnight.com/delivery-ireland.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

Try ukaddress.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

it might be better its a 5 year old computer
    computers only last about 5 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Doubt they'd make an exception mate:

I would say 7/10 or 8/10 sellers I asked made an exception, of course I do not expect it free, I would ask for the cheapest available. Once I got a reduction as they were charging first class within the UK and economy to here.

One problem here is your seller is offering "free postage" within the UK i.e. the price is included in the price. So if asking be careful how you word it, since I have had sneaky lads try and charge full whack, rather than just the additional postage. The courier service was mentioned, so you could even figure out the price yourself and tell him "i see it costs £5 extra to ireland"

Advertisement