Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats and ticks

• 20-01-2014 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Hey my sister has just text me saying that she thinks she found on tick on one of my cats in Ireland. Sparkle keeps rubbing it off stuff and tryin to scratch it. What's the treatment do they have to go to the vet or is there anything she or my mam can do? I'm so worried bout her! I don't know if my parents will bring her to the vet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

You can take them out without going to the vet, get a tweezers, grab as close to the cat as possible, twist and pull! Just make sure that the tick came out whole and the mouth isn't embedded into the cats skin, then treat with something like frontline spot on to prevent more ticks from attaching. Always hate finding ticks they creep me out more than fleas for some reason!!

Advertisement