Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Broadband Cork

Options
  • 20-01-2014 4:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Hi. I had o2 mobile broadband for some time but had to cancel due to a non existent service over the last month. What would people recommend in Cork? Anyone using emobile? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Yep I've been using eMobile/Meteor for 12 months and had nothing but problems with the mobile wifi hotspot (Huawei) and outages in coverage. I've had to return it to the store on 4 separate occasions since last January.

The "best" story I have to tell is from the start of December. The base charger of the hotspot had stopped taking the charge, so I returned it to store for fixing. They sent it off to Dublin for repair. Back it comes a week later - that's quick I thought. The idiots up there had replaced the hansdet itself - which had been working fine - and not even looked at the broken base, which came back in a worse condition than it was sent off. You could actually hear loose parts rattling inside it! :rolleyes:

Back it goes for repair again, I'm sent out a whole new set, which hasn't worked from day one. It's currently off for repair (again!). 6 weeks and counting without wifi now. I signed up because Meteor had the best deal - 30gb for 18 months - only €15 for the first 12 and €30 thereafter. But there's a reason their deal is so much better than the other networks! And it's because it doesn't work! The staff in the Meteor/eMobile store are lovely, it's not their fault. But the company's service in general is terrible. Huawei are the worst quality electrical devices I've ever seen. I've gone through three of the hotspots in less than 12 months. I should have run a mile when I saw "Made in China".

Avoid OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

Vodafones signal is pretty good. Never had any issues with coverage but i wouldn't recommend going bill pay with them, if you have any issues its impossible to get money back or cancel the contract with them before time. Sorry, i know thats not much help. I just went for eircom at home in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Yeah, was half thinking of just getting a landline and going with Eircom. That Hauwei device I had from o2 was truly horrendous...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Stay away from Sky Broadband anyway, terrible speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

You'd think we'd have better services and options in this day and age...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

Cannot complain about eircom at all. Customer service is polite and irish generally. They are expensive though but the quality seems worth it. Phone around, see what the best deal for you is. I wanted quality and consistency and quick repairs and irish customer service. Thats what i got. I paid a few euro more but it depends on your needs.

Advertisement