Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CA 14.5" M4 Carbine - Weird Firing Stragnely

• 20-01-2014 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

Use my New M4 maybe 3 times. Yesterday i noticed that my gun started to act weirdly.

On semi-Auto i noticed that I can shoot straight but every few shots a bb would fire but be drastically reduced in power and arc downwards.

I shot a few times through a chrono and found that i'd get maybe 4 shots between 1.2-1.3j then the next shot or two would be 0.5-0.7j then it would go back to normal again.

I did try turn my hopup up(i think) but it seemed to have no effect.

Any ideas of the causes? and solutions.

I'm a total noob at airsoft and am a little worried about taking apart my gun in-case i cant put it back together again....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Drachnien

if it's new bring it back to the retailer you got it from. beyond the unreliable performance those first shots are over the legal limit so you NEED to get it dealt with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

It could be either an air seal problem or I suspect the cylinder has been drilled. But yeah bring it back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Drilled cylinder, return it and either have it repaired or get a replacement that's been downgraded correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jinicus

FYI I'm in Hong Kong so under the legal limit!

But I went home last night I think I had my hopup turned off.... I fired a few test shots (20-30 rounds) didn't notice any issues

Extra info: first 2-3 games I used it I had no issue bbs flew true and straight. And for most of the day Sunday the gun was fine. Just happened on the last map

What is a drilled cylinder?

Ahhh Right! your posting on an Irish airsoft board :)
    if the hop is totally off on some it will mean the bb wont be caught in the barrel and will just roll out, depending on where it is in the barrel when it fires that would cause the inconsistent performance.

Over here we have a 1J limit so our stuff normally needs to be downgraded to be under this limit. One way of doing this (which is quicker and cheaper than changing the spring) is to drill a hole in the cylinder so some air escapes reducing how much goes down the barrel to power the BB.
    This can lead to lots of problems though like shavings of metal in the cylinder, damage to the piston head and o ring and if anything blocks the hole that was drilled the device jumps back up to it's full power. Based on what your saying though I doubt that would be done to one over there, there'd be no need to do it.

• Advertisement

Ahaha! Thanks!! Yeah i was little stupid forgot which way turns the hopup on and hopup off.... i guess i turned it off instead to max...during the game.. I was worried my gun broke.

Yeah i have to use the English Airsoft boards being a Brit in hong kong it is a little difficult to communicate some times.

Thanks for the info on drilled cylinder

CAA M4 Carbine 14.5" Elite

So my guns actually CAA not CA...

And after a game indoors.... it seems i still have an issue.

ill shoot maybe 20 shots then the odd 2-3 bb's will come outta the barrel with like no power just drop/roll outta the barrel. Any ideas what the issue is?

and i don't suppose theres any good guides videos of how to take my gun apart n back together again is there?

most likely your problems still with the hop up give it an the barrel a clean and make sure the bbs are actually staying in the hop chamber when loaded and not rolling past it (increasing the hop setting may fix it). give the barrel a clean too.
    Also if your still having trouble try different style mags, I've seen a few people complaining that the mags can be too tight a fit.
    As for takedown I've no first hand experience with this one but it looks like a standard M4 and has a v2 gearbox

Advertisement