Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childrens Gymnastics/Dance

Options
  • 20-01-2014 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an active 5 year who would love to get into some sort of dance or gymnastics classes or even a bit of drama. Any recommendations for the Dublin 15 area? I work full time so I'd only be able to take her at the weekend.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

My daughter was in Lir gymnastics club for a few years and loved it - they operate out of St Patricks NS in Diswellstown now I believe. They do gymnastics on saturday mornings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Coolmine do gymnastics at the weekend too and there are various dance schools around the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

Our daughter goes to a gymnastics club near Powercity.
    We have tried other clubs around, and found them a bit weak and not competitive enough.
    The one beside Powercity is tough buta bit pricey I must say.Our daughter loves it and has showed very good results, compared to what we seen in coolmine gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Stagezone is an excellent stage school, based in Draoicht Friday afternoons, evenings and Saturday mornings. I'm not sure what slot the 5 year olds rehearse in but I know a lot of parents who send their kids there and the kids love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Thanks so much for all the suggestions-i'll have a look into them all and see what suits. I'm not too concerned with it being competitive for her (not yet anyway!), rather just a bit of fun and enjoyment and to meet other kids too.

Thanks again everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Chocolate

JAG Stage Academy takes place in Coolmine Sports Complex on Saturday mornings. 5 year olds go from 10-11.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/JAG-STAGE-ACADEMY/145243936400

You could then walk down the corridor and she could do gymnastics from 11- 12! There might be a waiting list for gymnastics.
    http://www.coolminesports.ie/index.php/activities/gymnastics

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

athtrasna wrote: »
    Stagezone is an excellent stage school, based in Draoicht Friday afternoons, evenings and Saturday mornings. I'm not sure what slot the 5 year olds rehearse in but I know a lot of parents who send their kids there and the kids love it.

Does anyone have contact details for Stagezone? My googling isn't proving helpful so far :confused:

Derp: finally found it on the Draoicht site.

Advertisement