Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mailing List Software

Options
  • 20-01-2014 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All,

Does anyone know what is the best and most cost effective software to download for bulk mailing marketing?

Cheers

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

Use mailchimp. Make sure your subscribers are already opted in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Byers86

Mailchimp looks good but with monthly payment. What is the difference betweed monthly payment based platforma and a once off payment for the software (the once off payment i was looking at Sendblaster)

They have a free option too (or at least used to). It's excellent & I've never had a blocked email because of domain on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

excellent product, free version for up to 2000 addresses see http://mailchimp.com/pricing/entrepreneur/

Thanks both. With mailchimp free do you know how many mailing lists you can have or is it only the one you can send mails to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Byers86 wrote: »
    Thanks both. With mailchimp free do you know how many mailing lists you can have or is it only the one you can send mails to?

Download it and try it, the answer will become self evident!!

As far as I can recall, your registered account is the one that sends the email, but I used to be able to split into groups (male/female or other sorting) & send to them, as long as they weren't sent in the one 24 hour period I was good to go. Been a while since I used it, so it may have changed. Couldn't endorse it enough though. Great reporting (opened/deleted without reading/forwarded etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Byers86 wrote: »
    Mailchimp looks good but with monthly payment. What is the difference betweed monthly payment based platforma and a once off payment for the software (the once off payment i was looking at Sendblaster)

You're looking at two fundamentally different types of solution

MailChimp, CampaignMonitor, AWeber, Newsletter.ie etc., are all hosted services

Sendblaster is a desktop solution ie. you install it on your computer

If you want to run software from your desktop then you'll need a mail server (SMTP) or relay server to send email out via.
    While your ISP probably gives you access to an SMTP server you wouldn't be able to use that for high volumes of email - either they'd block you after a few hundred emails or receivers would block your emails (same result - the emails don't get through)

MailChimp et al give you the full service - though you have to be 100% compliant with best practices ie. optin etc

The other option is to run a mass mail server yourself on your own server, but if you're doing volume you'll probably run into issues with receivers, as the like of Hotmail, Gmail etc., will filter emails coming from "untrusted" or "unknown" SMTP servers

HTH

Michele

Blacknight wrote: »
    You're looking at two fundamentally different types of solution

MailChimp, CampaignMonitor, AWeber, Newsletter.ie etc., are all hosted services

Sendblaster is a desktop solution ie. you install it on your computer

If you want to run software from your desktop then you'll need a mail server (SMTP) or relay server to send email out via.
    While your ISP probably gives you access to an SMTP server you wouldn't be able to use that for high volumes of email - either they'd block you after a few hundred emails or receivers would block your emails (same result - the emails don't get through)

MailChimp et al give you the full service - though you have to be 100% compliant with best practices ie. optin etc

The other option is to run a mass mail server yourself on your own server, but if you're doing volume you'll probably run into issues with receivers, as the like of Hotmail, Gmail etc., will filter emails coming from "untrusted" or "unknown" SMTP servers

HTH

Michele

Hey Michele,

The company polocies would restrict me to using something that i can install to my computer and ru through the mail server.

Much appreciated info, thanks,

Advertisement