Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many KG of Nuts per Ewe this time of year.

• 20-01-2014 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭

As the title suggests I have 50 crossbred ewes that all ran with a Ram in October-November, due to get them scanned next week but just wondering how much nuts I should be allowing per ewe, this time of year? I know it will depend on singles,twins or dry ewes but anyone got a guideline?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

As the title suggests I have 50 crossbred ewes that all ran with a Ram in October-November, due to get them scanned next week but just wondering how much nuts I should be allowing per ewe, this time of year? I know it will depend on singles,twins or dry ewes but anyone got a guideline?

Also depends what else they are getting, hay, silage, grass etc

Are they generally in good or poor order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

razor8 wrote: »
    Also depends what else they are getting, hay, silage, grass etc

Are they generally in good or poor order?
    They are in good order. the only other feed they are getting is grass but it is scarce enough at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

They are in good order. the only other feed they are getting is grass but it is scarce enough at the moment.

They should be ok until scanning if still in good order, if you think they are very scarce I would give them around 250/300g per day IMO

Advertisement