Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording from Sky without using Sky+

Options
  • 20-01-2014 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I have recently reduced my Sky bill, from €94 to basic package, €27, however I would like to not use Sky+ but use my own recording device, is this possible? at €15 a month is makes sense to me to buy a box to record the programs I need and not pay sky anymore that €27,

Can I connect a hard drive to my Sky box, I have a up to date box

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

mafitz wrote: »
    at €15 a month is makes sense to me to buy a box to record the programs I need and not pay sky anymore that €27,
    thanks

Hi mafitz,

Sky+ is free to sky customers
    Along with a Sky+ subscription (which is free for Sky TV customers), a Sky+ box is a digital TV receiver and a digital video recorder that lets you record and play back your favourite shows without tapes, DVDs or timers whenever suits you.
    source: http://www.sky.com/ireland/tv/sky-plus-box/?DCMP=KNC-ROISearch

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mafitz

thanks Drake, will call them today

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mafitz

thanks Drake sorted now, rang them

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

You're welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭GY A1

record to dvd recorder

• Advertisement
Advertisement