Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house - timescales

Options
  • 20-01-2014 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi guys

I will be moving house in the next couple of weeks and just wanted to know the procedure for ending/starting my supply, as well as the timescales involved i.e. how much notice do you require?

I'm actually moving apartments within the same building, from a first floor apartment to the basement apartment! But obviously that still requires one account to end and another to start...

Thanks in advance for any info you can offer.

Rich

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Good morning Rich,

No notice is required for closing your account (which you can then reopen for your new address). In fact, the absolute earliest time to advise us of same is the actual day of moving, as we require a meter reading from that day, in order to ensure the customer is billed up to that point on their final invoice for that address. If it is not possible to contact us on the actual day of moving, it's no problem to contact us afterwards, but just ensure to take a note of the meter reading.

In addition to the meter reading/date of leaving, we require the name and contact number of someone who will be taking over responsibility for supply to that address - e.g. landlord/lady, letting agency. This is to prevent vacant premises disconnection by ESB Networks if there is no new occupant for a while.

Moving in: For this, we would require a meter reading taken at the point you begin living at your new address. We would also require the electricity MPRN (meter point reference number).

More details here on our website.

Do let us know if you require further assistance. We can organise your move-out/move-in for you here on Boards.ie also if you wish - we are here between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 17 richd687

Good morning Rich,

No notice is required for closing your account (which you can then reopen for your new address). In fact, the absolute earliest time to advise us of same is the actual day of moving, as we require a meter reading from that day, in order to ensure the customer is billed up to that point on their final invoice for that address. If it is not possible to contact us on the actual day of moving, it's no problem to contact us afterwards, but just ensure to take a note of the meter reading.

In addition to the meter reading/date of leaving, we require the name and contact number of someone who will be taking over responsibility for supply to that address - e.g. landlord/lady, letting agency. This is to prevent vacant premises disconnection by ESB Networks if there is no new occupant for a while.

Moving in: For this, we would require a meter reading taken at the point you begin living at your new address. We would also require the electricity MPRN (meter point reference number).

More details here on our website.

Do let us know if you require further assistance. We can organise your move-out/move-in for you here on Boards.ie also if you wish - we are here between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Ah that's great Una, thanks for that. All sounds simple enough! I'll confirm with my landlord but I'm guessing he'll just be taking responsibility when I move out. I assume there's no additional charges for this kind of transition?

Hi again Rich,

No additional charge at all. :)

All the best,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 17 richd687

Hi again Rich,

No additional charge at all. :)

All the best,
    Una
    Hi Una

I have now moved and have all the details required. Where do I send them?

Rich

Hi Rich,

This is a standard customer care query and we can process it for you here on Boards.ie by private message if you wish.

To comply with Data Protection, we are required to have confirmation from you that you are the named account-holder, and your name in full, Electric Ireland account number, telephone number and both addresses.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement