Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whv austrailia

Options
  • 20-01-2014 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi i held a 1 year whv and did not use it .i will be 31 on 12th of feb . Can i reapply for a first year whv again.

im married and hav a child who are not coming with me i had to get declarations form signed with previous app .does anyone know a link to this form .i used visa first previously and it cost too much with them.

So trying to get app done myself b4 im 31.

the only forms i cant locate are the familly ones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

pretty sure that you can with this form
    apply yourself
    http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1150.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

As far as I'm aware, if yo've applied and been granted a 1 year WHV and used it or not, then its not available anymore.

Initially you have 12 months to use your visa after you apply and been granted. If you don't use it, then your opportunity to use the visa has passed and you can't reapply to get the visa. I think you're out of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

if the visa was never activated by its 12 month end of use date then as long as you still meet the criteria for the WHV you can apply again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

When I applied in 2009/2010 the understanding I had was that if you applied, and didn't take it within the 12 months the visa expired and it couldn't be applied for again. Maybe I'm mistaken but thats how I remember it to be,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

pete4130 wrote: »
    When I applied in 2009/2010 the understanding I had was that if you applied, and didn't take it within the 12 months the visa expired and it couldn't be applied for again. Maybe I'm mistaken but thats how I remember it to be,

Yeah you were mistaken.
    2) Be Aged 18-30 and not have entered Australia on a Working Holiday Visa Before You have to be at least 18 and have NOT yet turned 31 when you apply. So you can apply when you are 30 provided you have not yet had you 31st birthday. You must have never entered Australia prior on a working holiday visa. If you applied and were issued a working holiday visa in the past and never entered Australia using it then you ARE eligible to apply for a new working holiday visa. If you entered Australia, even for a day,on a working holiday visa then your 12 month working holiday visas is activated and you cannot apply for another...No excuses or exceptions its FINAL

http://www.australiaworkingholidayvisas.co.uk/eligability.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

Better hurry up, and send it by registered post to make sure they get it. If they don`t (unlikely, but still) you`ll miss the boat. Small price to pay for a €5

• Registered Users Posts: 39,337 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

pete4130 wrote: »
    Luckily for the OP, you're mistaken.
    Once granted, You have 12 months to use that exact visa, even if eligibility or criteria changes. If you don't use it you have to reapply and have to meet the rules again, as well as the possibility of rule changes.

Advertisement