Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trad Lessons in Dublin, pref Smithfield/City Centre area?

• 20-01-2014 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Was wondering if anyone knows of any trad lessons or groups in the Smithfield or Dublin city centre area? I played the accordion/tin whistle for around 10 years but haven't picked it up in as many.

Was considering going to a few classes to play with other people so I could pick it up again. Was also thinking about buying a flute. I already know the fingering from playing the tin whistle but wasn't sure if it would be hard to pick it up?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭tarbolton

Hi Greentea

Ceoltóirí Chluain Tarbh run instrumental classes in Marino Mart on the northside not far from the city centre. See here

We also do a class/slow session for learning adults that creates a bridge between classes and full speed session playing. It equips the particpants with the necessary skills and repertoire to participate in "proper" sessions. That might also suit you. See here for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RoisinDubh88

Hey guys. Smithfield has great place called the cobblestone which has great sessions! I am also very keen to take up trad lessons again, I took lessons in trad flute for about 10 years but gave up 10 years ago! If anyone knows anywhere city centre/D2 area that would be great. I looked up ceoilteoiri chluain tarbh and unfortunately Artane wouldn't be feasible for me but otherwise looks like a great set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Eshaness

Hi, the Cobblestone also run a slow session in the back room-(away from the full tilt in the main bar!) mixture of teaching new tunes and playing thru a set list- drop by on wed evening and ask, is a small charge to cover tutor costs- is great for building up confidence and playing with others

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

Thanks Guys, called into the cobblestone, great setup & everyone seems lovely. Thanks for the advice!

Advertisement