Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Syncing contacts from gmail

• 20-01-2014 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

Trying to add my gmail account to my windows 7 phone.

HTC titan

Keeps on saying its not set up to sync with mobile devices, go to my google apps account and enable google sync under service settings.

Where the hell is this. Google is just as confusing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Google changed how it syncs last year, they stopped people from using Exchange on mobiles. You can sync mail using IMAP but contacts need a different protocol and this may not be supported on windows phone.

Better off using Windows Live/Outlook. You can synchronise your gmail contacts with outlook and then synchronize outlook to your phone (with full exchange/push support).

Advertisement