Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

She'd broken in to on tom bellew ave last nite

Options
  • 20-01-2014 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Just a reminder to everyone in the tom bellew ave area of town . I had my shed broken in to late last nite door forced open luckily I woke up and disturbed the scumbags in time . Please make sure it's well locked up .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Very sorry to hear that OP.

I don't really store valuables as such in my shed unless they fancy a freezer and a dryer !

How do you secure a shed though short of a lock on the bolt and even at that, they can just screw them off ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 44 M.A.G

There's been an awful lot of robberies in town of late.Thank god we've good neighbours who watch the house for us while we're at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

Sorry to hear that OP, good job you disturbed them.

I caught a little ****er dropping out my kitchen window last year on a saturday afternoon, we'd just painted the kitchen so left the little top part open while I went to tesco for half an hour.
    He was only 15/16 so the guards could do nothing (including letting me know) The same group are responsible for a lot of burglaries and are still at it, I've even seen comments on facebook "court tmrw :-(" etc

So now whenever I hear an alarm going off I go outside and look, it probably wont do much but could be a deterrent if anyone was watching

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Mrs W wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that OP, good job you disturbed them.

I caught a little ****er dropping out my kitchen window last year on a saturday afternoon, we'd just painted the kitchen so left the little top part open while I went to tesco for half an hour.
    He was only 15/16 so the guards could do nothing (including letting me know) The same group are responsible for a lot of burglaries and are still at it, I've even seen comments on facebook "court tmrw :-(" etc

So now whenever I hear an alarm going off I go outside and look, it probably wont do much but could be a deterrent if anyone was watching

I did that for a neighbours car and had a knife pulled on me. Be careful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

MugMugs wrote: »
    I did that for a neighbours car and had a knife pulled on me. Be careful!

Blimey! Next time carry a crobar or something, they might think twice about pulling a knife then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭DK man

An attempt was made to break into my sisters house in garrybawn a few days ago. They didn't get in but damaged the door.

Her house is alarmed and she thinks it was early evening...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

start a text warning,have a talk with garda,start taking down number plates,use lights that come with photo sensors,use bolts on top and bottom of sheds,usually drug users looking for mowers etc or bikes,lock your gate so they cant get into garden

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Bay Estate here two houses either side of us broken into over the last few weeks.

Have a nice baseball bat waiting for them if they come again must be the same filth

Also they are doing houses when darkness just falls around 4.30PM onwards and mostly fridays

Advertisement