Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dishwasher not washing with warm water..

• 20-01-2014 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My dishwasher has begun to not wash with warm water instead its using cold.

I assume its a thermostat problem but then again I know nothing about dishwashers so I'm probably completely wrong.

Any ideas?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Your DW uses cold water and heats it, if it ain't getting hot its an electrical fault (Element, Stat,) and needs an Appliance Engineer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

Hi guys,

My dishwasher has begun to not wash with warm water instead its using cold.

I assume its a thermostat problem but then again I know nothing about dishwashers so I'm probably completely wrong.

Any ideas?

thanks.

Dish washers don't use hot water, mains water only. As Bill has suggested, you have a element, or stat problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭310

i have my dishwasher connected to hot water have solar so to use hot water up i connected dishwasher/ washingmachine to hotwater with a mixing valvue on both all work ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Modern day washing machines are cold fill only, connecting to hot would be interesting on delicates and you would also be rincing with hot water also, that could lead to cloth shrinkage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

310 wrote: »
    i have my dishwasher connected to hot water have solar so to use hot water up i connected dishwasher/ washingmachine to hotwater with a mixing valvue on both all work ok

But are you not wasting a lot of hot water from your cylinder?
    Washing machines & dishwashers are far more efficient at heating their own water & they also use far less than older models.
    For example, there ban be a considerable volume of water in the pipe from the hw cylinder to the machine. This is cold from sitting in the pipe. Your machine draws in some water, but it senses the incoming water is cold so it heats it with its element to the required temperature. The volume is low so you have now just refilled the pipe to the machine with hot water from your cylinder. This cools & gets drawn into the machine for its next cycle and so on.

• Advertisement

have a mixing valve on so con controll temp of water entering washing machine its marked 1 to 6 depending on temp for wash also if no hot water then its cold entering machine this worked for me and makes sure i get best value from solar when we get the weather for them to max out also you have to not want hot water for anything else so do wash in evenings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

310 wrote: »

When the dish washer rinses the dishes it's using stored water! Would you drink water from your bathroom taps?

brush my teeth only have power shower i try not to get splashed in face in case i drink some ..roof tank isnt that big so always fresh water flowing as i say its not for everyone but it works for me and mains water can also be poor quality

Advertisement