Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 5 poxy battery

• 20-01-2014 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Im sure im not the only 1 with this issue

Could be at 40 % then just die on me

Sick of this , any ideas to refresh battery ?

Have all notifications off and apps closed etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Have you let the battery run down by itself and then rebooted? Also does the phone shut down when the battery reaches 0% or does it remain around 1% but still fully functional?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

OP if it cuts out at 40% then I would recommend contacting Apple. They can run a system diagnostic on your iphone and it will tell them if the battery has failed or not. If it has then it will need to repaired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Happens to me from time to time too, usually around the 30% mark. It's very intermittent though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My cousin is complaining of this at the moment too. Only started happening in the last few weeks. Out of warranty too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

kceire wrote: »
    My cousin is complaining of this at the moment too. Only started happening in the last few weeks. Out of warranty too.

Two year warranty under eu law.

http://www.apple.com/ie/legal/statutory-warranty/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Same is happening mine too, sometimes it just dies at around 30%, sometimes will stay on 1% for hours. Out of warranty too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

duffman13 wrote: »

Excellent. Just sent him the number now. He's gonna call them tomorrow. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Mr_Magpie

literally just contacted apple support and found this. same problem, occasional death at 25%+ battery. i'd had the phone sent off for repairs in november to fix a problem with the screen and, i thought, the battery too. my screen was making a clicking noise when pressed and apple's support self diagnostic check told me about the power one. it'd happened where the phone died but i thought nothing of it so when the diag told me about it i assumed it was gonna get fixed. they replaced the screen but did nothing to the battery bt obviously i'd no way of knowing since i can't look at or check the battery.

i send it off the end of november cause the one year warranty was up in december, but the power issue has started happening again. contacted apple support and they said there was a problem but i'd have to pay for the battery replacement. got transferred to someone more senior and they told me to do a full restore on the phone to make sure it isn't a software issue (i doubt it is especially since its the same problem as before and they told me it wasn't fixed during service), run the diag again and get back to them if there is a problem.

seem hesitant about the two year warranty but you have to say it to them. my situation was helped by the fact that they were alerted to the problem last year, within my one year, they even got the phone in for repairs and did nothing about it when their own diag software said there was a problem.

TL;DR: happened to me, contact apple support see what you can get them to do for you. remember eu law provides us with two year warranty and irish law doesn't specify a time limit, or so i'm told!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

The 2 year thing isn't a warranty and it's not upto apple to replace it unless it was bought direct from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Just get the battery replaced, cost you about €30 for a good quality battery supplied and fitted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

duffman13 wrote: »

One year limited warranty supplied by Apple. If you're outside of warranty and want to take it further it's with the original point of purchase. Look at the header of each table, first one is consumer law, second Apple and third is AppleCare Protection Plan.

Also look at the footnotes
    In most EU member states, consumers may only claim consumer law rights against the seller from whom they purchased the product

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

If you bought it from Apple directly, the original point of purchase must be Apple then.

Has anyone tried contacting Apple if an iPhone bought from them has problems outside the one year warranty supplied by Apple? I'm wondering what the difference is to the AppleCare Protection Plan since they both offer 2 years. But the wording is different for cost of coverage:

EU-wide Consumer Laws: Provided at no additional cost
    Apple One-Year Limited Warranty: Included at no additional cost
    AppleCare Protection Plan: Available for additional cost

That's the confusing part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

What's confusing? The eu law supersedes the warranty if you bought direct from apple. If you want you can buy apple care to cover you for 2 years and accidental damage I think.

Apple's one year warranty gives you coverage if the iPhone, iPod or iPad develops a fault.

AppleCare is an additional years hardware coverage and also gives you 2 years telephone support. You're entitled to 2 battery replacements if necessary.

Consumer law is a legal obligation that the point of sale must follow. So if you determine the hardware has developed a fault outside of warranty then you can set up a consumer law claim for a free repair or replacement.

guil wrote: »
    What's confusing? The eu law supersedes the warranty if you bought direct from apple. If you want you can buy apple care to cover you for 2 years and accidental damage I think.

AppleCare does not cover accidental damage. AppleCare+ does and it needs to be purchased within a specific timeframe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

I'm on my 3rd iPhone 5 from apple heading for my 4th iPhone .

was on to apple yesterday and today for over an hour. this is going on months now, my iPhone on stand by lasts 4.5 hours max. light use 2.5/3 hours its a nightmare they are running some tests at the moment to pin point the problem .

first they had me wipe my phone and set it up as new and ignore the usual set up procedures of the phone, then let it charge 100% and leave it over night so I did and as sure as always woke this morning and phone was drained/dead .

Today I rang to tell them this and they had me do the same thing again wipe phone skip set up just have the basics , this time leave it on airplane mode and leave it over night and they will ring me in the morning to see how it went.well @ 1pm today the battery was 100% on airplane mode 5pm it was dead as a do do this is my 3rd iPhone only received last Thursday .:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

I have the same problem. Apple products have really gone down hill over the last few years.

Advertisement