Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results -Thursday 23rd 9am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Some of my friends are after getting their results today, somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Some of my friends are after getting their results today, somehow.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭21 Schump Street

https://www.results.ul.ie is not opening for me; will it not be up until tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Dante on Fire

Is the first time you have checked?

As stated in my last message:
    ITD strongly advises all students to check that they can log onto the system prior to the release of results on Thursday 23rd January at 9am. Results will be available at www.results.ul.ie.

The easiest way to check that your account is working is to visit www.ul.ie/library and click the ‘Login From Home’ icon. This will display a Username and Password box for login. If students have any problems logging in to this they can email ITSS@ul.ie to have their passwords reset.

Let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

It isn't opening for me either, but if I remember correctly in previous years the page would fail to load until 8/9 am when it would eventually load and you could login.

I can login through the library and student records, i've been using the login all over xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

www.results.ul.ie not been loading at all today for me. Regular student portal working just fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ZomB13 F1Sh

Not loading for me either, but I can sign into the library and records just fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The page doesn't become live until results are available. It will timeout until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Odds on the results being out at midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭21 Schump Street

Is the first time you have checked?

As stated in my last message:
    ITD strongly advises all students to check that they can log onto the system prior to the release of results on Thursday 23rd January at 9am. Results will be available at www.results.ul.ie.

The easiest way to check that your account is working is to visit www.ul.ie/library and click the ‘Login From Home’ icon. This will display a Username and Password box for login. If students have any problems logging in to this they can email ITSS@ul.ie to have their passwords reset.

Let me know how you get on.

Same as the others, I can log in through the library O.K, it's just the https://www.results.ul.ie/ page doesn't open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Dante on Fire

You should be emailed with the link tomorrow but until then Im afraid its not available from what I can see.

Best of Luck to all of ye tomorrow.

Make sure you post up how well you did.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Yurt wrote: »
    Odds on the results being out at midnight?

usually 8/9am

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Darth Frodo

still nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

They're up now!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Darth Frodo

Anyone have any idea what "Status" means? I have 4 "C" and one "O".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'm in first year and I have two D1 grades, and it says my QCA is 2.08. I presume a have to repeat the two D1 grades?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I've always just assumed C - Compulsory, O - Optional. I had one O in first year which wasnt compulsory so thats the only thing I can think of

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

O just means its an elective module.
    Im fairly disappointed. 1 B, 3C's and a Fail. QCA of 2.2 going into final semester of 4th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

1 B, 3 C's and a fail in a module I thought I did decent in, sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm in first year and I have two D1 grades, and it says my QCA is 2.08. I presume a have to repeat the two D1 grades?

Nope, shouldn't have to repeat. You can repeat and raise your QCA, but since it's cleared after first year, it may only have an impact on co op. It would cost about 350 to repeat those two as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

I pretty sure you'll be fine because your qca is over 2.00, I'm open to correction on this though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I messaged paddy on Facebook and he says I'm grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭ricimaki

If your QCA is above 2.00, you are allowed 2 D grades. You only have to repeat if your QCA is below 2.00, you have Es or Fs, or you have multiple D grades. You do have the option to repeat the Ds, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Managed a B2 in an exam I was so sure I failed, I'd started putting money aside for the repeat :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭RachealB

Got c3 in two and c1 in others. First year mature so really happy, just happy that is ok to pass.x

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Woo! No repeats for me this year! (Although in my defense, I've only ever failed one. First year was just bad...)
    QCA could probably do with being higher though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

I am happy anyway, the one I thought I failed I got a B2 in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Can someone tell me what QCA means?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

I got screwed in one exam I thought I actually did really well in, so gutted there.

But managed a comp fail in something I was bricking I did "F" fail, in 4th year also, so delighted, no repeat thank feck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Got a C1, B3,B2 & an A1

Only took me till 4th year to get myself an A1 :D

Need a B3 average over the 2 semesters so hopefully im on track, although the FYP isnt going so good :(

Advertisement