Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results -Thursday 23rd 9am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Darth Frodo

4 A1s and an A2. Everyone hates me now? Oh ok... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

4 A1s and an A2. Everyone hates me now? Oh ok... :(

Pfft, why would we hate you... it's not like you got 5 A1s ;)

I could get that with my eyes closed! (Like when I'm asleep and dreaming...)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭B8ZZ

Got a B1, B3, C2, D2 and a F with a QCA of 1.92. What situation does that put me in?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭ricimaki

B8ZZ wrote: »
    Got a B1, B3, C2, D2 and a F with a QCA of 1.92. What situation does that put me in?

You must repeat the F in the summer, and get your QCA above 2.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

apparently the results i got on monday weren't a joke after all, delighted!

• Advertisement

ricimaki wrote: »
    You must repeat the F in the summer, and get your QCA above 2.00.

So just repeat that one and I will get into next year? How much will it cost aswell?

Thanks for replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

I have a QCA of 1.24 (Yeah I know, too much partying :/ ) and have a D1 and 2 F's. If I repeat the F's could I get my QCA to 2?

DarkDusk wrote: »
    I have a QCA of 1.24 (Yeah I know, too much partying :/ ) and have a D1 and 2 F's. If I repeat the F's could I get my QCA to 2?

And I probably need to work very hard this semester also...

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

What were your other 2 marks if they were both C3 you will have to repeat them all. Try not to fail enything in spring semester

Agent_99 wrote: »
    What were your other 2 marks if they were both C3 you will have to repeat them all. Try not to fail enything in spring semester

C1 and C3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭ricimaki

So just repeat that one and I will get into next year? How much will it cost as well?

Thanks for replying.

Repeat the F, and your QCA would be fine.
    I think it costs something around €170 per exam, but I'm not too sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What year are you in? If your in 3rd or 4th year I would consider repeating the D also.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

If I get my QCA up from 1.62 to 2 next semester do I have to repeat the D1 i got? I got 1 F which I know I have to repeat.

C1 and C3
    Repeating the 2 F grades and passing with your C's and D's should bring you up to 2.04, you are very close to the line of failing the year so for spring semester you will need to get a C3 or above in all your modules or else you may not get an overall 2.0, less partying and a bit more time in the library should do it !! :P

Repeating the 2 F grades and passing with your C's and D's should bring you up to 2.04, you are very close to the line of failing the year so for spring semester you will need to get a C3 or above in all your modules or else you may not get an overall 2.0, less partying and a bit more time in the library should do it !! :P

Ah cool, thanks man :)

I'm in 4th year on qca of 2.15 with an F to clear. What will my qca be then?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

My QCA is 1.64, will I have to repeat the D1 I got in the first semester if I get my QCA up to 2 by the end of the year?

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I'm in 4th year on qca of 2.15 with an F to clear. What will my qca be then?

F grade when you pass capped at C3 2.0 so approx 2.08

Lads, for these answers they are only approximate and you'd be better of checking with Paddy or your student adviser just to be on the safe side as it is your degree after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Trader1991

Hi,

Fourth year student here with qca of 2.48. What would I need in the final semester to achive a 2.2 or a qca over 2.6?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Trader1991 wrote: »
    Hi,

Fourth year student here with qca of 2.48. What would I need in the final semester to achive a 2.2 or a qca over 2.6?
    Its tough but doable, depends on how much weighting is given to your 4th yr results and the length of time your QCA is calculated over (i.e did you qca kick in 2nd or third year?)

• Advertisement

Hi,

You should get a 2.2 on a qca of 2.5 with discretionary bands so that will make it easier

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Trader1991

You should get a 2.2 on a qca of 2.5 with discretionary bands so that will make it easier

But what criteria do they use to give you the 2.2 on 2.5?
    Like my attendance isn't great so doubt they'd give it to me..

First.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Hi,

is that from 4 exams and then a double weighted FYP?

I was on 2.39 starting semester 1 and a b3 average would of got me over the 2.6 so you'd manage the same with less work.
    I got 3.1 from 4 exams this semester and im on 2.59 now :D

F grade when you pass capped at C3 2.0 so approx 2.08

Lads, for these answers they are only approximate and you'd be better of checking with Paddy or your student adviser just to be on the safe side as it is your degree after all.
    Student records saying when I clear the F it will be 2.28.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Student records saying when I clear the F it will be 2.28.

It will, you're adding a c3 onto it instead of an F so it has to go up. (assuming you get a c3)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

My QCA is 1.64, will I have to repeat the D1 I got in the first semester if I get my QCA up to 2 by the end of the year?

If your QCA is above 2.0 after the Spring Semester you won't have to repeat the D. If you're above 1st year, you could consider repeating it for your QCA, but you don't have to.

==============

A little disappointed with mine. Not so much the results themselves, but the QCA. Dropped from 3.16 to 3.06. Was really hoping to break the 3.2 mark this year so I'd stand a chance of pushing it up to the 3.4... doubt I'll be able to do that now tbh. Just need to make sure I work my ass off to maintain what I have.

A1, A2, B3, C2 and C3. The C3 was very disappointing. It's about what I deserved to be honest, but it's still pretty gutting. The C2 was in my hardest subject (PLT for anyone who's done it :P) and while I thought I'd scrape a B3 on the back of the exam, based on my project that was a fair grade.

So yeah. Disappointing.

It was also really weird being in work checking them and getting like five skype messages from people in the office asking me how I got on even though I've only been there 4 days. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Intel240787

Can anyone explain why the honours bands are different for UL?

As in, why is a 1.1 an A grade, as opposed to a B grade everywhere else (I think). Is the marking different? Because I'm thinking of the following scenario: a student in my course in say, DIT, gets an overall B3 in their degree, which is a 1.1. However if I get an overall B1, I only come out with a 2.1. I know I'm picking bones here, but what's the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Darth Frodo

Normally, A 1.1 is an average of 70%. This is an (B1 - A2) average. I would be extremely surprised if a 1.1 in DIT is actually a B3 average. If so, then that would imply that their B3 is ~70%. I highly doubt any (public) university gets any accreditation without first submitting all these details to a governing body who then deems them ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Normally, A 1.1 is an average of 70%. This is an (B1 - A2) average. I would be extremely surprised if a 1.1 in DIT is actually a B3 average. If so, then that would imply that their B3 is ~70%. I highly doubt any (public) university gets any accreditation without first submitting all these details to a governing body who then deems them ok.

I'm not sure on how it works at all, though there was this thread not too long ago http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84813356

Advertisement