Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan scoil chormaic community nat.school/Educate Together

Options
  • 20-01-2014 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello everybody.
    I would like to ask about this balbriggan school. CNS.
    My son just got place.

1.I have to pay non refundable deposit 70€, what for?
    2. I have to pay 50€ for education materials too. So what included in this 50€?
    3. Does i have to pay every month/year any ammount for his school? If yes - what for?how much?
    4. What about books, clothes ? Where to get, and how much?
    5. What i have to buy my self for his first year? (I mean junior infant) ?

6. Is this good school?

Thank you.. :)) i wish you understand me, im new mum for schools, i dont know anything. Would be great help from this forum :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

In all fairness, the school would be the best for answering questions 1 to 5.

Best of luck to your wee lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

jestea wrote: »
    Hello everybody.
    I would like to ask about this balbriggan school. CNS.
    My son just got place.

1.I have to pay non refundable deposit 70€, what for?
    2. I have to pay 50€ for education materials too. So what included in this 50€?
    3. Does i have to pay every month/year any ammount for his school? If yes - what for?how much?
    4. What about books, clothes ? Where to get, and how much?
    5. What i have to buy my self for his first year? (I mean junior infant) ?

6. Is this good school?

Thank you.. :)) i wish you understand me, im new mum for schools, i dont know anything. Would be great help from this forum :)

I tought you no lo get had to pay a registration fee with any school.dou me check that .

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jestea

Yes, its very interesting. For me, i have to ask in school and people for everything, because i think there are some schools where you have to pay everytime something, and there are where you dont have....
    So its very intersting all your advices...thank you :)

And witch one is better, educate together near ndunnes or this one, CNS ?

Hello.
    I would like to get some advise about ET and CNS schools in balbriggan.
    What different? What about uniforms,tracksuits,shoes,kids? is better school with uniform,or without?
    What about teachers ? And everything, would be nice to get advices.
    Is better ET or CNS ?

Thank you,regards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

jestea wrote: »
    And witch one is better, educate together near ndunnes or this one, CNS ?

I spoke to a girl today and she too was asked to pay a registration fee .as its a requirement under law i don't think you have to pay a fee so please make sure .
    I know I had my kids name down with two different schools while i decided which one i could get two
    Its mad that you have to pay and I think its wrong.
    In relation to how good the school is its really down to you an it meeting the needs of your child ..

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭shellyb73

My son got accepted for both schools last year and we decided to send him to Educate together and I have to say I am very happy with that decision, the non refundable deposit is you in essence accepting his place and insurance for them that you will take up the place, we had to pay 150.00 to educate together, a once off payment to cover all books photocopying etc and have not been asked for a penny since.
    I do not really know ANYTHING about Scoil Chormac as we did not accept the place but I am sure it is a similar set up as Educate together when it comes to the cost of books etc as I have described above,
    Best of luck with your decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭shellyb73

Sorry I should also have let you know the uniform can be bought from Mc Faddens in the town normally around 36.00 euro. You should only need to buy the uniform a school bag and lunch box, but the school will advise you of this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

jestea, I've merged your 2 threads to save confusion and changed the title to include Educate Together.

Advertisement