Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywood Inter-Counties Triathlon

Options
  • 20-01-2014 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

This seems to me to be the first open water triathlon this year (correct me if I am wrong).

Anyone on here do it in the past and if so what is it like? e.g. is it well organised, what is the course like etc

thanks

MD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭daithiK1

I have done it a couple of times. Would recommend it.
    Its a very fair course.
    This will be the 4th year it is on.
    Accurate 750m lake swim, in nice clear water and given previous years weather unlikely to be cancelled either, (however to be fair to them they also provide alternative kayak option for chicken sh1te swimmers)
    Bike is a three loop c. 18km, part fast, up and down with a few technical corners
    Run is bang on 5km up and down,tough as Fu0k, but fair too.

The prizes are usually good and they throw up some nice grub afterwards.

They also don't start the race until 12pm to avoid having to set off in the middle of the night if travelling....

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Alidee

Organised by Muckno Tri club in Castleblayney, so you will find them and contact details on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MucknoTriathlonClub?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭trainerman

MD1983 wrote: »
    This seems to me to be the first open water triathlon this year (correct me if I am wrong).

Anyone on here do it in the past and if so what is it like? e.g. is it well organised, what is the course like etc

thanks

MD
    Did this race a couple of years ago - great swim location, bike course was looped, a few tight corners & quite fast if I remember right, was a nice hill on the run which was challenging for a sprint early in the year!! Well organisied event

Advertisement