Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happened to the Mole Screening Clinic in Grafton Street

• 20-01-2014 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Does anyone know what happened to the Mole Screening Clinic in Grafton street?

I had an appointment with them a number of months ago but they called me the day before to cancel, as their system had crashed. They said they would call me to schedule another appointment once it's back up. I haven't heard from them since. Their website is gone and their number rings out. I'm so annoyed, as I invested a lot of money into mole mapping and the whole idea is that you compare the images that they have saved. So looks like they have dissapeared with all my data.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Gone underground :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dagny27

emeldc wrote: »
    Gone underground :rolleyes:

Thanks, are you speculating or do you know for sure? They could at least notify teir patients! I hope I can get my file back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They appear to have a registered address at Unit 2, Smithfield Market, Bow Street. This is what I find following a search on the CRO website.

However, the websites molescreen.ie and molescreening.ie no longer appear to be working.

dudara wrote: »
    They appear to have a registered address at Unit 2, Smithfield Market, Bow Street. This is what I find following a search on the CRO website.

However, the websites molescreen.ie and molescreening.ie no longer appear to be working.

Charter medical in the link above are in Smithfield as well. The same crowd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

Dagny27 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happened to the Mole Screening Clinic in Grafton street?

I had an appointment with them a number of months ago but they called me the day before to cancel, as their system had crashed. They said they would call me to schedule another appointment once it's back up. I haven't heard from them since. Their website is gone and their number rings out. I'm so annoyed, as I invested a lot of money into mole mapping and the whole idea is that you compare the images that they have saved. So looks like they have dissapeared with all my data.

Same with me, and I couldnt chase them to get my saved data since all channels of communication with them are closed. If anyone have any info on how to get saved data from them it would be great.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

See if a receiver has been appointed and contact them - usually some accountancy firm.

Not sure if they would have been registered with the medical council but could be worthwhile contacting them.

And there back all of a sudden, just got this email:
    "Dear Patients,

The Mole Screening clinic has been rebranded and moved location to increase the efficiency of our service.

Should you wish to have further screening carried out using your original file, you can contact Edel at The Molescan Clinic.

Please see below the contact details for The Molescan Clinic.
    The Molescan Clinic
    Fitzwilliam medical centre
    79 Fitzwilliam Lane
    Dublin 2

www.molescan.ie

ph: 016856569
    email: info@molescan.ie

We would like to also take this opportunity, to thank you for your valued custom throughout the years and wish you the very best for the future.

Regards,
    The Mole Screening Clinic"

Am still not happy with them going and not replying to my phone call or email...its all very strange!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dagny27

I got the same email as you. I also find it really strange that they would disappear like that overnight without posting any info on their site or anything like that. When they rang me to cancel the appointment they said it was because their system crashed. Odd.

Did you notice that their website now says that the pictures are examined by the nurse and any suspicious ones are examined by a consultant? I'm pretty sure they were all meant to be examined by a consultant previously, at least that's what I was told at my appointment.

Dagny27 wrote: »
    I got the same email as you. I also find it really strange that they would disappear like that overnight without posting any info on their site or anything like that. When they rang me to cancel the appointment they said it was because their system crashed. Odd.

Did you notice that their website now says that the pictures are examined by the nurse and any suspicious ones are examined by a consultant? I'm pretty sure they were all meant to be examined by a consultant previously, at least that's what I was told at my appointment.

Thats strange because they cancel my appointment and I quote "Unfortunately we are going to have to cancel your appointment, as our Dermatologist is ill at present and we are cancelling our patients for the coming weeks.". When i tried to ring them, or email(2-3 times) I got no reply and then there website went down.

Yes there were all to be examined by a consultant previously, maybe nurse is more qualified this time. Not sure...anyway still not happy with this whole thing so wont be going back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement