If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tv

Options
  • 20-01-2014 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

hi lads
    Im looking at getting a new tv 50 inch plus. 
    I have a samsung the last 8 years with no issues. 
    Im looking for something around the 1000 delivered. 
    Im also looking for something with really good sound or good external sound bar
    fed up with surround sound and doesnt work when connected to the tv watching apple tv anyway. 
    So want something that will hook up to everything and be loud enough to hear the tv over a threadmill..

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

blahblah06 wrote: »
    hi lads
    Im looking at getting a new tv 50 inch plus. 
    I have a samsung the last 8 years with no issues. 
    Im looking for something around the 1000 delivered. 
    Im also looking for something with really good sound or good external sound bar
    fed up with surround sound and doesnt work when connected to the tv watching apple tv anyway. 
    So want something that will hook up to everything and be loud enough to hear the tv over a threadmill..
    Hi BlahBlah,

thanks for the opportunity to quote - with a £1000 budget you have lots of choice!

If you wnat the biggest TV for your spends I'd recommend the excellent Sharp LC60LE651 at £899.95 / €1099.99 - it really is an excellent TV and at 60" its seriously impressive!and at under £1000 its excellent value:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sharp/aquos-lc60le651k/shar-lc60le651k

If you would like to stick with Samsung then we have the 55F6500 at £999.95/€1249.99 ( phew, just squeezed in!) 
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue55f6500/sams-ue55f6500

If you would like what we think is the best TV for your budget ( I may be stretching the budget slightly :D  )then I would opt for the Panasonic TXP50GT60 which is £1199.95 / €1399.99
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/panasonic-tx-p50gt60b

Speaking bluntly, its the best TV you can buy for anywhere near £1000 - it looks great and also has decent audio quality!

If you wanted a guarantee of good audio quality - this is becoming increasingly difficult with flat screen TV - especially as they become thinner and thinner and the bezels shrink in size - this forces the speaker sets to the rear of the TV which can only mean that audio quality suffers - with all of the above if you want any decent volume level and audio quality I'd recommend an external soundbar or dedicated speakers to boost the level & performance - here are 3 suggestions:

Sound Plinth:
    Cambridge Audio Minx TV - £199.95
    One of the new breed, no install required, just pop your TV on op of it, pop in an optical lead or use bluetooth and hey presto - it rocks!
    Under £200 and the cheapest way to get great sound from your TV!
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/cambridge-audio/minx-tv/camb-minx-tv-blk

Sound Bar
    Yamaha YSP1400 - £339.95
    Excellent value for a proper YSP technology - this is heavily reduced and excellent value - it has excellent bass from its built in subs.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/yamaha/ysp1400/yama-ysp1400

The weirdo option!
    Q Acoustics BT3 - £369.95
    Great active speakers with Bluetooth and a variety of other connections built-in ( analogue or optical!) - the BT3 has a 2*50 Watt amp built in so it will thrash your threadmill - you will be able to hear every syllable of the MarathonTalk podcast!
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-docks,-speakers-and-portables/q-acoustics/bt3/qaco-qbt3

Thanks again for the opportunity to quote - hopefully some of the above will give you pause for thought and good luck with the training!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

cheers John
    something else i meant to ask is the new tv wall mounts all different these days ?
    I have one holding the 50 each and 4 screws go into the back of the tv and you can move it etc. would that need to be replaced. i tried to get model number of tv but all i can see is 
    bn64-00789c

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

blahblah06 wrote: »
    cheers John
    something else i meant to ask is the new tv wall mounts all different these days ?
    I have one holding the 50 each and 4 screws go into the back of the tv and you can move it etc. would that need to be replaced. i tried to get model number of tv but all i can see is 
    bn64-00789c
    I cant get the model number from that reference unfortunately - but whatever you do, replace your old 8 year old bracket with a new super slimline one - brackets really have developed over the last few years and the new Sanus or Alphason Brackets will keep your TV tight to the wall - if you are buying one with your TV I'll do you a deal especially on the Alpahson range as we are moving over to the Sanus range across the board so teh Alphason's have to go!

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.