Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online meter reading?

Options
  • 20-01-2014 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭

Dear Electric Ireland,

I just opened an electricity account with you and signed up for online account. I can see Meter Reading history on a chart in my online account. Is it possible to see online how much electricity I used in 2 weeks?

I do not have key to check the meter box myself.

And what is the price of unit 1 KWh? My Price plan is Domestic urban.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi masterboy123,

Thank you for contacting us with this query. It would be possible to tell the amount of electricity used in a two week period only if actual readings were taken at these times. If you like, I can send you out a meter key so that you can access your meter box. Please PM us with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and telephone number. Please also confirm if you are the account holder, and I can do so. If you'd like me to take a look at your account, I can give work out an estimate of your two weeks usage.

You might also find out Appliance Calculator handy if you're interested in understanding your usage- http://elec.ie/ApplianceCalculator

Our current standard unit rate is €0.1701 excluding VAT for a 24 hour meter. If you are availing of discounts, then they will show on your bill on a separate line.

If you've any further questions, please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Hi Aoife,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

I am going to PM my details now. I don't know where the electric meter is located exactly, but I think it's outside my apartment, in the corridor. And I think the meter is located behind a white cabinet and it's locked.

Can you please tell me how much was the electricity bill from previous tenant, so I can have an approximate idea?

I have day & night meter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi masterboy123,

We have received your PM, thank you for confirming that information. You will receive a reply to this shortly.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement