Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Carlow!?

Options
  • 20-01-2014 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking to join a gym somewhere in Carlow or maybe Wicklow if it's close enough. I live in rathvilly and am willing to travel pretty far to get to a good gym ( Carlow town, tullow etc.) Can anyone recommend or know of any good gyms? The killerig gym is the nearest to me but don't know if it will have what I need. I need free weights, squat rack or power rack would be great.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

Paddyg96 wrote: »
    Hi I'm looking to join a gym somewhere in Carlow or maybe Wicklow if it's close enough. I live in rathvilly and am willing to travel pretty far to get to a good gym ( Carlow town, tullow etc.) Can anyone recommend or know of any good gyms? The killerig gym is the nearest to me but don't know if it will have what I need. I need free weights, squat rack or power rack would be great.
    Thanks in advance!

If your looking for a proper bodybuilding gym go to Olympia on college street in carlow town

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Paddyg96

Real Life wrote: »
    If your looking for a proper bodybuilding gym go to Olympia on college street in carlow town

Sounds good! Do you know of anyone's maybe a little closer to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

Paddyg96 wrote: »
    Sounds good! Do you know of anyone's maybe a little closer to me?

I dont, sorry. i just know i used to go there and its a great gym if you want to train with heavy weight. its a pretty hardcore environment with a lot of bodybuilders and powerlifters and the people who owned it are great for advice too

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

+1 on Olympia for weights/body building.
    Know a good few lads (and ladies) who go there. Been as a guest a few times too. Everyone is very helpful, and the owner is right craic!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i play squash in there and the squash courts are right beside the weight lifting area. it has forever joined huge muscly men and ****ty dance music in my brain.

• Advertisement
Advertisement