Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

walnut floor got flooded

Options
  • 20-01-2014 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hi all, my sisters house got flooded in the last storm.
    The sea ended up in her house.
    They had a very expensive walnut floor in it. We have it taken out now. Once the insurane pays they will put in new floor.
    Its a pity to see the floor go to waste
    Is there any way of restoring it? There is about 60 sqms or more in it.
    Its now out the back of the house its either going to the dump or if someone wants it its free to take away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

What thickness is the floor do you know i might take it if its for free its solid i take it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Is it solid Walnut?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

Is it solid Walnut?

Yes its solid think its 10mm thick

There might be a bidding war starting. I have a few very interested parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Any pics of it?

• Advertisement

Any pics of it?

Its thrown in a pile at the back of the house. I'll try get a pic tomorrow but I need it gone soon before its gets too badly warped out there

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭e.r

10mm thick would indicate not a very good floor tbh.

e.r wrote: »
    10mm thick would indicate not a very good floor tbh.

10mm thick was a guess. I never measured it. It probably is thicker than that. They paid around 50 euro sqmt 5 years ago for it so that means its not a cheap floor

• Registered Users Posts: 34 CMARTY10

jimini0 wrote: »
    10mm thick was a guess. I never measured it. It probably is thicker than that. They paid around 50 euro sqmt 5 years ago for it so that means its not a cheap floor

any pics?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

sell it on done deal 100 euro

• Advertisement

Sorry no pics. Had a couple of guys out to look its cupped so not much use as flooring. Its a pity cos it was a lovely floor. Its still thrown outside the house ,was hoping someone would come in the night and pinch it but didn't happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Distressed walnut, could be worth more than the floor you're putting in. Pity its thrown in a heap instead of stacked properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 CMARTY10

2 stroke wrote: »
    Distressed walnut, could be worth more than the floor you're putting in. Pity its thrown in a heap instead of stacked properly.

I agree.
    its not easy come by walnut these days.

a few pictures wouldn't do any harm,at least people knw then what there going to look at!

Advertisement