Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This weather is driving me mad

Options
  • 20-01-2014 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Just spent two hours setting up tonight. Perfect polar align, drift aligned, guide star locked in. ten minute exposures looking fine, then I take first image and bang - obscured by cloud. Look up again, whole sky is covered. There have been maybe 4 nights in this winter that imaging is possible and every one on the full moon!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Kersh

Similar thing this evening for me.
    Pretty clear out, got the HEQ5 Polar aligned, guidecamera focused/PHD opened, M81/M82 focused in main scope, framed them nicely,
    Clicked to guide in PHD, open shutter on the DSLR, and bang, high level hazy cloud, getting thicker by the minute.
    Got 3 5 minute subs.
    Absolutely infuriating :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

In the same boat. What can you do though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Hoping for a few photos of mars later if the clouds stay clear for an hour or 2 id be happy !

Advertisement