Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted 10" - 13" Netbook

Options
  • 20-01-2014 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Am looking for a decent netbook, price is a factor but needs to have a dvd drive and decent speed and spec.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers GM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭grange mac

Any ideas anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 limeric

i have a second hand acer one i dont use if you want it? perfect condition. i was thinking of putting it up on adverts. i think its 11inch screen

no dvd drive but i would sell it for 50e

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭lukaszd2007

grange mac wrote: »
    Any ideas anyone?

If you tell us what is your price range then i can past you some links.

If you tell us what is your price range then i can past you some links.

Heya ideally not more than 350 but need the DVD drive on it though.

limeric wrote: »
    i have a second hand acer one i dont use if you want it? perfect condition. i was thinking of putting it up on adverts. i think its 11inch screen

no dvd drive but i would sell it for 50e
    Hi Limerick,

Good price but need the DVD drive as will be copying data from disks onto it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭lukaszd2007

Well, i was unable to find a new notebook under 350, 13" or below with a DVD drive in it.

Hire i find a 14" with DVD for 315 pounds:
    http://www.medion.com/gb/prod/MEDION+AKOYA+S4213+Ultrabook™+%28MD98309%29/30015481A1

Hire it is a lower spec 14" for 251.90 pounds(did not see before its a refurb one, but with 3 year warranty?):
    http://www.micom.co.uk/toshiba-r840-198-i3-2350m-2-3ghz-14-2gb-320gb-dvd-bt-3yr-warranty-refurb

And the cheapest 13" with a DVD i could find is hire, but it cost 339pounds + tax so arround 400 pounds with it...:
    http://www.crystech.co.uk/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CTL&Product_Code=PSK7ZE-006005EN

Hi Lukasdz,

Thank you for taking the time to search for me. I will take a look at a b&m shop at the weekend & at least I how have a guideline price of what I should be seeing.

Cheers,

GM

OSI wrote: »
    Not sure any netbook came with a DVD drive, did it? Was kind of the point.

I am looking for something portable, powerful & with a dvd drive as will be doing alot of typing & a 15" is just too big to be lugging around:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

grange mac wrote: »
    I am looking for something portable, powerful & with a dvd drive as will be doing alot of typing & a 15" is just too big to be lugging around:D

The deal breaker will be the dvd drive, forget about it, most of the decent portable ones don't come with one so you'll really be limiting your selection for something largely considered obsolete.
    If its a once in the bluemoon copying of data use someone else computer and a usb drive and transfer it that way.
    If its a regular thing you can get a usb powered one for less thatn €20 on ebay or for £20 on amazon.

moodrater wrote: »
    The deal breaker will be the dvd drive, forget about it, most of the decent portable ones don't come with one so you'll really be limiting your selection for something largely considered obsolete.
    If its a once in the bluemoon copying of data use someone else computer and a usb drive and transfer it that way.
    If its a regular thing you can get a usb powered one for less thatn €20 on ebay or for £20 on amazon.

Can you list some of the decent portable ones?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

ont get a netbook its underpowed

Advertisement