Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banana and walnut bread recipe from the independent weekend supplement anyone?

Options
  • 20-01-2014 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭

There was a healthy recipe for banana and walnut bread in the independent weekend supplement on Sat the 11th.

It had simple enough ingredients, such as almond flour, etc.

I was intending to make a few batches and freeze them, but my wife has since lit the stove with the supplement, and I can't seem to find any recipe that resembles it online.

Anyone got that issue that wouldn't mind sharing the recipe?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

This one maybe?

WALNUT AND BANANA BREAD
    I first tried this banana bread when filming a show with the American cooking icon Paula Deen. I have tried many versions to reduce the fat, and think this one is the winner. Serves eight.
    Contains 220 calories, 15.8g fat, 1.9g saturates, 11.3g sugar, 0.1g salt, 7.5g protein and 2.3g fibre.
    YOU WILL NEED
    • Oil, for greasing
    • 2 ripe bananas
    • 3 eggs
    • 110g almond flour
    • 1½ tbsps raw honey
    • 70g walnuts, roughly chopped
    METHOD
    Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6 and lightly oil a 20 x 12.5cm non-stick loaf tin.
    In a large bowl, mash the bananas thoroughly with a fork. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, then add the almond flour and honey. Now stir in the walnuts and your mashed banana.
    Pour the cake mixture into the tin and bake for about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
    TIP
    Walnuts are high in calories and fat but, much like the case with avocados, it is the healthy kind of fat that keeps you feeling full. Walnuts are also a great source of fibre and protein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

This one maybe?

Thanks so much.

I googled the life out of my laptop and couldn't find this recipe.

You're a star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

No probs! It looks lovely and cakey

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ElecKtrA

Hi,

I saw this recipe in the paper and i made it during the week! :D

It turned out really well, and instead of using Almond Flour (which i couldn't source) i used ground almonds.

It was delish! Very moist and moreish! :pac: ...you don't feel so guilty about having a thicker slice either because there is no sugar or butter used in the process.

However, i would add some spice next time...like a pinch of cinnamon..just for some extra flavour! ;)

Advertisement