Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

Oh good call re the pillow - to be honest the entire bed & linen is just manky plastic / polyester ....ugh. I know its more practical, but I cant cope with polyester sheets!!! I just really hope that all goes well and I can get discharged ASAP.

Must add a pillow to my list.....

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Sounds like you've been through the wars already, tishandy! The flip flops are a good idea too, thanks.

Had a bit of a weird moment today - went to push open a strong swing door with one foot and it felt like my pelvis would separate! Seriously weird feeling. I guess it is due to that relaxin loosening things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Had a bit of a weird moment today - went to push open a strong swing door with one foot and it felt like my pelvis would separate! Seriously weird feeling. I guess it is due to that relaxin loosening things up.

Oh yes it's a terrible dose that!!!!
    I had spd on first and have escaped a good bit with it this time but that grinding splitting feeling. = awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

I'm in the same boat, FBM. Lack of sleep is frying my brain these days and the birth is looming large on my horizon, kind of overshadowing everything else. Probably a common newbie mistake. I was joking with my other half yesterday that we have enough race t-shirts between us that we could clothe bubs in them for the first year! The two girls organising my shower here will probably be the main reason I get anything sorted before he arrives.

The more I read up on it, the more I'm leaning towards going for a natural, drug-free, intervention-free birth, assuming there is no medical need for anything. The very small chances of ending up getting induced or a section with an epi are worth trying to go without it IMO. Birth scares the hell out of me, but I am coming around to the idea that I will be able for it. They don't do gas & air here at all in the US. Our childbirth classes didn't cover anything about non-drug methods to deal with pain. I'm starting to look into hypnobirthing and gentle birth myself. I'd love to know how your find your classes FBM?

Sorry for the delay madeinamerica, I am up the walls with work this week! Finding the hypnobirthing quite good actually. I'm normally quite cynical but putting that aside as will do anything to avoid medical intervention. You can do a weekend course but my advice is not to - my is spread over 5 weeks and gives me time to improve my breathing techniques which are the key to it.

• Advertisement

Just reading back all the posts I missed, lots of great advice on here, sounds like everyone is gearing up :D

Sorry for the delay madeinamerica, I am up the walls with work this week! Finding the hypnobirthing quite good actually. I'm normally quite cynical but putting that aside as will do anything to avoid medical intervention. You can do a weekend course but my advice is not to - my is spread over 5 weeks and gives me time to improve my breathing techniques which are the key to it.

No worries, thanks for replying FBM! I'm usually an awful cynic (one of the hazards of working in labs I suppose) but medical interventions have put the fear into me so I'm a lot more open about birthing methods and aids now! Some of the courses here are very expensive so I might get a dvd or something for it. Good luck with yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Just getting the bags ready for hospital, 6 weeks left, I got the fairy non bio today to was the baby clothes and I picked up fairy fabric conditioner, is it ok to use the conditioner or not
    Unsure and any help would be great
    Thanks

monflat wrote: »
    Oh yes it's a terrible dose that!!!!
    I had spd on first and have escaped a good bit with it this time but that grinding splitting feeling. = awful.

Not to drag things down, but for a second the feeling made me think of those poor women who got symphisiotomies, god love them. And the ****ers who did it to them. :mad:

Just getting the bags ready for hospital, 6 weeks left, I got the fairy non bio today to was the baby clothes and I picked up fairy fabric conditioner, is it ok to use the conditioner or not
    Unsure and any help would be great
    Thanks

Ah ye save the conditioner I find the fairy non bio was grand to prewash the little things.

• Advertisement

Not to drag things down, but for a second the feeling made me think of those poor women who got symphisiotomies, god love them. And the ****ers who did it to them. :mad:

Yes wasn't that terrible on them

And I'd say the pain they went through and are still goin through.
    Thank god for research and progressive medicine

Just to add. B*ots are doin. A pack of 4 hu*gies wipes for 450. Which works out @ €1.12. Per pack which is great value. .
    Picked up loads today.

For anyone who likes a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I've started to get twinges down below- really disturbing, especially when using the toilet. My bump has dropped quite a bit, everyone saying I'll probably go early. I'm panicking because I can't see the end of our work on the house in sight :( Still haven't packed the hospital bags yet as I don't want to admit it could happen any time soon!

I've started to get twinges down below- really disturbing, especially when using the toilet. My bump has dropped quite a bit, everyone saying I'll probably go early. I'm panicking because I can't see the end of our work on the house in sight :( Still haven't packed the hospital bags yet as I don't want to admit it could happen any time soon!

Ah god hope it's nothing to worry about now. Best if baby stays in as long as possible.
    Is it your first?
    The pressure can be unbearable sometimes and I remember trying to feel around on my first because I thought her head could be visible!! Ha.
    Yes things can get quiet uncomfortable now at this stage. Try not to overdo it thou or you'll pay for it in aches and pains and tiredness.
    Hope all goes well for you

Also I wish people sometimes would just shut up.! Oh you.are so big. _ I get this all the time
    It's like I have a big massive basket ball up my top

However this time I feel. The looks I have got from older type men. Leering at me.in a creepy way..... Maybe the hormones have me paranoid!

However I think people just have to pass comment. I'm having twin.boys according to anyone I meet.
    It would annoy ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Got a pic with Ed Sheeran today in work and bump was on full show...didn't realise how puffy my face had gotten.....ah well at least I can tell that story when he gets older!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

>>>>>>>>>>>QOUTE Also I wish people sometimes would just shut up.! Oh you.are so big. _ I get this all the time
    It's like I have a big massive basket ball up my top

However this time I feel. The looks I have got from older type men. Leering at me.in a creepy way..... Maybe the hormones have me paranoid!

However I think people just have to pass comment. I'm having twin.boys according to anyone I meet.

It would annoy ya![/QUOTE]
    **********************************************************************************************************************
    ^^^Yes to all this, I am sick of people nearly being disappointed when I tell them I still have 3 weeks to go. I was pregnant all along with my sister and because she had her baby two weeks ago its like people expect me to aswell. " Any day now"!!!............ "ERM no!" "Jesus you really popped didn't you!?" ..." Oh its all bump though" " God helpus take it easy now don't overdo it"
    Ya I'll take it easy with two kids at home sure what would I be doing.
    My husband keeps giving out to me when I start hovering etc but I don't see anyone else offering to do it and I don't relish the thought of putting the baby in our room with an inch thick of dust behind the bed!!!

As for the pervy looks, I thought I was being paranoid. Its all double takes out of some men and staring.
    You'd swear they didn't know where babys come from.
    I had to slowly walk past (Pregnant waddle) a man who was sitting on a wall last week and he was just staring at my tits and belly I actually asked him " Are you ok?" He said " Yes Hi" and kept staring where I growled "What are you looking at?" like some crazy woman. :pac:

Just weighed myself for 2nd time in pregnancy. I was 10st and now 12 st with 3 weeks to go. At least a stone of that is hanging off my arse.

I have the opposite problem in that I'm small and EVERYONE I meet comments on it. I can't get over the complete strangers who say to me "when are you due?" followed by "oh but you're so small/neat" and a look as if I must be something wrong. At this point I just shrug and say "yeah, so I've been told" but it's making me paranoid. I've put on nearly 2 stone though!!!

I have the opposite problem in that I'm small and EVERYONE I meet comments on it. I can't get over the complete strangers who say to me "when are you due?" followed by "oh but you're so small/neat" and a look as if I must be something wrong. At this point I just shrug and say "yeah, so I've been told" but it's making me paranoid. I've put on nearly 2 stone though!!!

People don't realise that everyone carries differently. I've probably put on just over 2 stone, but everything seems to be out front and in my bum and thighs (really sad it's not my boobs! ). Another girl at work is due the week before me, but she seems to be carrying more towards the back, and her boobs got a lot bigger. I try to let the comments go over my head most of the time, but on days when I'm worried with the progress of the work on my house and someone comments on having my baby early, I tend to let it affect me more. Just washing the bits for my hospital bag now!

People don't realise that everyone carries differently. I've probably put on just over 2 stone, but everything seems to be out front and in my bum and thighs (really sad it's not my boobs! ). Another girl at work is due the week before me, but she seems to be carrying more towards the back, and her boobs got a lot bigger. I try to let the comments go over my head most of the time, but on days when I'm worried with the progress of the work on my house and someone comments on having my baby early, I tend to let it affect me more. Just washing the bits for my hospital bag now!

Yes different shaped people tighter ab muscles all that sort of thing.
    Most people don't mean to stare but they just do!!!

I'm just takin more notice of it this time around.
    I'm so so so dying to know if it's a boy or a girl.

Last time it didn't matter at all but because I think I'm going to draw the line at 3 children I'm dying to know!
    Not too long more.
    I have never stopped as much before I have a bug now and it's to make everything look nice
    I have about 800 nappies
    45 packs of wipes ( 2 yr old will use these also)

Creams etc. All I need now is baby!!!

So all my purchases are done next few weeks are a wind down to as much as I can!!!

monflat wrote: »
    Yes different shaped people tighter ab muscles all that sort of thing.
    Most people don't mean to stare but they just do!!!

I'm just takin more notice of it this time around.
    I'm so so so dying to know if it's a boy or a girl.

Last time it didn't matter at all but because I think I'm going to draw the line at 3 children I'm dying to know!
    Not too long more.
    I have never stopped as much before I have a bug now and it's to make everything look nice
    I have about 800 nappies
    45 packs of wipes ( 2 yr old will use these also)

Creams etc. All I need now is baby!!!

So all my purchases are done next few weeks are a wind down to as much as I can!!!

Fair play to you for waiting to find out, I just couldn't wait! I have one or two bits left to get, but that is it.

Sounds like you are very well prepared, just counting down the days till you meet your little one. What do your two make of your pregnancy and a new sibling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Hi Ladies,

I love reading the thread, i hope everyone is keeping well.

7 weeks from today for me, DR said he wont let me go past 28th as i had section on my first.

Finishing up in work wednesday, honestly cant wait.

I still have quite a bit to do before baby 2 arrives (also dying to know whether it's a boy/girl). I have to move my son into bigger room and prepare his current room for the baby.

Anyone stocking up on formula or just nappies/wipes?

Fair play to you for waiting to find out, I just couldn't wait! I have one or two bits left to get, but that is it.

Sounds like you are very well prepared, just counting down the days till you meet your little one. What do your two make of your pregnancy and a new sibling?

The other two are quite excited.
    The dolls are being played with a lot more. !
    Being fed changed and then the curtains have to be pulled while the dolls nap!!
    It's lovely to see them like that and I've been told to sssssh on numerous occasions as dolls are napping!

We have got books from library to read about a new edition to the family and what happens when mammy is goin to have the baby.
    They seem to be looking forward to it. But when is it happening is the big question.

I suppose me getting any rest is out of the question my 4 yr old is all about me and won't go with daddy r anyone else to give me peace and quiet. I can't go upstairs and lie down and for both of them to stay down with daddy.
    If he suggests going somewhere she won't go without me and if he is successful in going she wants to come back the minute they get in the car!!!
    The other girl who will be 2 soon is a. Little more agreeable buthe not much "!!!!

They are afraid of loosing time with mammy!!!
    Soon il be divided by 3....
    ...!!!!

Hi Ladies,

7 weeks from today for me, DR said he wont let me go past 28th as i had section on my first.

I still have quite a bit to do before baby 2 arrives (also dying to know whether it's a boy/girl). I have to move my son into bigger room and prepare his current room for the baby.

It's great to finish work. I'm delighted I'm finished as I was meant to have another 2 weeks..... Ye right!!!!

I breastfed my other two so il see how things go there with this baby and see how the first few days are at home so no formula there as yet.

I have plenty of rescue remedy thou for all the family!!!! We might need it

Hi Ladies,

I've a four pack of water wipes, about 5 packs cotton wool, and a few packs of size 1 and two nappies. I bought pampers to start with but will try out the lidl nappies later on. I'm packing a pack of the size 1 nappies in the baby's bag - is this enough for the hospital?

I've a four pack of water wipes, about 5 packs cotton wool, and a few packs of size 1 and two nappies. I bought pampers to start with but will try out the lidl nappies later on. I'm packing a pack of the size 1 nappies in the baby's bag - is this enough for the hospital?

Well I suppose you could be talking anywhere between 8-12 nappies in a 24 hour period.
    So not sure how many in ur pampers pack

But sure you can always get someone to bring more in.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

7 weeks and 6 days to go (and counting every hour!!) and honestly it's getting tough now. Work were horrible to me, put me in a lower position with lower pay etc without any actual examples or reasons as to why and when I told my doc the whole story and how I've been expected to break my risk assessment due to staff shortages etc she was horrified. She said between my recurring kidney infection, my blood pressure and the small baby that work stress is an absolute no no. So I've been signed off right up til the start of my maternity leave.

I've noticed in the last week or so I am getting dizzy spells and I fainted once. I am also feeling pains in my bump! Underneath it and to the sides feel like they will burst sometimes and my hips are stiff and sore. I talk like I am 42 weeks pregnant, I'm so surprised that already my body is feeling so much!

Anyway, we're in the final hurdle now so hopefully the next few weeks won't take TOO long ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

Oh Isolt, sounds like your work have treated you appallingly!!! I'm almost certain that they are not allowed to demote you - only change your work duties to less physical if needs be - that is a disgrace!! Fair play to your doc for signing you out, nobody should have to put up with that.

I'd love to get signed off but it's only because I'm incredibly bored and I can't get comfy at my desk at all - although I am finding getting up in the mornings and getting my son organised for crèche pretty difficult. My blood sugar levels are not settling down at all and I'm struggling with my new diet. I had a huge rant to my ex the other day and he has offered to take my son even more than he does already - but I don't want that either. It's very tough as I don't want him to feel that mommy doesn't want him around.

I've asked him to move back to the house when we get closer to d-day as I don't want to be alone in the house with my son in case something happens and there really is no one else I can ask to be around. I do have family and friends but none that can just drop everything in their own lives to look after me. I think that when I go into labour that I'll go in by myself and let him look after our son, or at least get him settled somewhere and follow me in.

It's a very confusing time for all of us I think. It's starting it get very real now. I met up with one of my brothers last week and all he kept asking me was how I was going to cope. My only answer was I have no fricking idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

6 weeks today for me, consultant said he doesnt want me going over, so im packing the bags for the hospital, following the magazine i was given at cumh seems like a lot to bring in 6 x this 6 x that

midwife told me to bring the bare essentials and let himself bring the rest
    will i bring all the stuff on the list and ignore the midwife

Isolt you poor thing that sounds like a right ordeal. Your work sound like assholes :( it doesn't even sound legal. Great that you got signed off though, you can now take the time to properly recover and prepare for your little one :)

Karmella, talk about everything happening at once! Sounds like you are doing great keeping it all together though, fair play. Remember to look after yourself in the middle of it all too.

6 weeks to go for me. Can't believe it is so close. Nausea is back again, bad today. Was a little worried over the weekend as the baby's movements seemed to have reduced or they aren't as forceful. I guess it is cause the space is getting smaller in there for him. I've an appointment on Wed evening so will bring it up then. And I think SPD has hit me, jesus it feels like my pelvis is splitting apart :eek: Getting up in the middle of the night to pee is a massive ordeal and washing my toes in the shower is not fun! Hope it calms down.

Spent a good few hours at the weekend trying to figure out what the hell I actually NEED to get for the baby and what is not necessary. Have ye packed any hospital bags yet? Spent a long time staring at amazon. I'm such a newbie with baby stuff it is nearly comical, I know nothing! The "handy hints for pregnant women" thread here has been brilliant. We're pretty strapped for cash as my other half is self employed and his work is not reliable. He's no idea if he'll have any work in 6 months time so need to think of buying older baby stuff too in case we're broke by that time. It is fun though, some of the stuff is just gorgeous! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Anyone else finding they need to eat less, i feel as if I've no room left after a meal and get a pain going across the top of my bump around into my back then end up vomitting some time later?

Advertisement