Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Isolt wrote: »
    7 weeks and 6 days to go (and counting every hour!!) and honestly it's getting tough now. Work were horrible to me, put me in a lower position with lower pay etc without any actual examples or reasons as to why and when I told my doc the whole story and how I've been expected to break my risk assessment due to staff shortages etc she was horrified. She said between my recurring kidney infection, my blood pressure and the small baby that work stress is an absolute no no. So I've been signed off right up til the start of my maternity leave.

I've noticed in the last week or so I am getting dizzy spells and I fainted once. I am also feeling pains in my bump! Underneath it and to the sides feel like they will burst sometimes and my hips are stiff and sore. I talk like I am 42 weeks pregnant, I'm so surprised that already my body is feeling so much!

Anyway, we're in the final hurdle now so hopefully the next few weeks won't take TOO long ;)

I thought that work cannot lower your pay when you are pregnant, unless it's a company wide pay reduction or if you wished to change to a lower position for reasons outside of health and safety. It's horrible treatment at the very least. :(

Mind yourself Isolt, I really hope the reduced stress of being out of work for the moment helps with some of your symptoms and that you and baby are happy and healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Anyone else finding they need to eat less, i feel as if I've no room left after a meal and get a pain going across the top of my bump around into my back then end up vomitting some time later?

I have been getting discomfort across the top of my bump after meals. I just rub the top of the bump for a while, seems to make me feel better but don't know if it does anything. No vomiting yet for me, thankfully. I was thinking there is just less space there now. Hope you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Top of my bump is hurting too & lying down in general is terrible, vomit coming up even hours after eating and horrific heartburn. Wish I could fast forward 4 weeks and have only 3 weeks to go, it's just not fun these days!!

Karmella, I can't imagine the stress of trying to sort out labour and after with your ex. I really hope everything works out and that he supports you, your son, and the new baby for as long as he's needed after.

Madeinamerica, I'm not sure what you'll need for hospital in the states. From what my mom was saying they pretty much provided everything you need - hospital gown for labour, nappies, bottles if not bfing, etc. I think you'll still want your own toiletry bag, maybe baby bath if you don't want them to use something like Johnson's, and a going home outfit for you and baby, maybe your own pj's for after labour as hospital gowns aren't too comfy and some cheap knickers or disposable panties as they will just give you the mesh in hospital. My mom was disgusted when I told her nothing was provided here, but I did have to remind her it's free!

I've only 4 weeks to go, just packing the hospital bags now! I think I'll pick up another couple pairs of granny panties, but otherwise I seem to be good. Packing some newborn and some 0-3 as newborn says it only does up to 8 lbs! I was 8.6, and I have a feeling he'll be big. Just bought our kitchen today for the house, hopefully it will be coming together in the next 2 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

I wonder is it from certain food types, or what? I'm dreading eating now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

32+5 now and starting to feel increasing niggles and discomfort! I had been doing sooo well!

Pelvic area is getting uncomfortable the past week or so and I regularly feel pressure there and an urge to pee, even though I don't need to. I have slowed down big-time with my walking for the above reason, only a little stroll, any pace too uncomfortable.

Swimming is keeping me going, all grand with that.

Increasingly restless at nighttime and waking at stupid o' clock - last nite, wide awake at 4am :eek: Everyone says it's "getting ready for baby-induced insomnia" :eek: Sometimes, I just can't get comfortable. Not even the cramps as they are not every night, not necessarily an aches and pains, just uncomfortable.

34 wk Growth scan next week. Looking forward to that as I hear you may be told baby's weight at that point and would be nice to know everything still on track, about position etc. My little bubs is still hanging out at the my right side soI can't help wondering has he any intentions of turning downwards!

Hope you are all well. Man, the time is really flying by....

We have our ante natal classes on Sat - all in the one day. Really looking forward to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

6 weeks today for me, consultant said he doesnt want me going over, so im packing the bags for the hospital, following the magazine i was given at cumh seems like a lot to bring in 6 x this 6 x that

midwife told me to bring the bare essentials and let himself bring the rest
    will i bring all the stuff on the list and ignore the midwife

Yes I found that on my first I brought what the recommended was for each item and Ithink was waaaay too much especially if you are bringing a pillow too

The bare minimum for baby and someone can bring extra each day as your little area gets so cluttered

Getting my date on Friday can't wait as I feel today like I've been hit by a bus 36 weeks.n the restless legs are killing me I want to cut them off!
    Never had them before started 2 weeks ago! Aaaah.

Hope everyone else is doing ok n takin it easy at this stage

monflat wrote: »
    Yes I found that on my first I brought what the recommended was for each item and Ithink was waaaay too much especially if you are bringing a pillow too

The bare minimum for baby and someone can bring extra each day as your little area gets so cluttered

Getting my date on Friday can't wait as I feel today like I've been hit by a bus 36 weeks.n the restless legs are killing me I want to cut them off!
    Never had them before started 2 weeks ago! Aaaah.

Hope everyone else is doing ok n takin it easy at this stage

It's so exciting that you'll soon be getting the date you'll get to meet your little one! I'm 36 as well, and the exhaustion is unreal! I've my GP check up today, and tomorrow my work is taking me out for my leaving lunch, as they are worried I won't make it to next week Wednesday when I finish work. Tbh I can't see the builders being finished by then, so I really better stay in work :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

The nausea is starting to hit me now aswell ..... bleurgh. I think its cos I'm eating all the time - part of the diabetes regime is that you have to eat every 2-3 hours, although smaller amounts. Last night I ate quite late and felt really nauseous this morning.

That's great that you will get your date Monflat - so exciting :)

Is the building work in the house really intrusive Comongethappy? That's not going to be much fun for resting before D-day :(

Madeinamerica, I'm not sure what you'll need for hospital in the states. From what my mom was saying they pretty much provided everything you need - hospital gown for labour, nappies, bottles if not bfing, etc. I think you'll still want your own toiletry bag, maybe baby bath if you don't want them to use something like Johnson's, and a going home outfit for you and baby, maybe your own pj's for after labour as hospital gowns aren't too comfy and some cheap knickers or disposable panties as they will just give you the mesh in hospital. My mom was disgusted when I told her nothing was provided here, but I did have to remind her it's free!

Thanks comongethappy. I guess it varies by hospital and insurance. A friend of mine recently delivered in my hospital and she has just given me a list of things for the hospital bag. Quite a few things were provided and others not. Yeah, given that my health insurance is nearly 6 grand a year I'll be stocking up on whatever the hospital gives me! :)

So so tired right now. Been waking up at 3am these last few nights and not getting back to sleep. Its not even that I'm hugely uncomfortable or anything, I just am wide awake for hours. Anyone else have that?

This morning I decided to get up at 4.45 as I wasn't going back to sleep. My other half is away with work till next week so I could make noise at 5am without feeling guilty! Cleaned the apartment a bit and pottered around on the laptop before going to work. God I'm wrecked now though, falling asleep at my desk. What will I be like when the baby is here keeping me awake?!:confused:

• Advertisement

I know this sounds hard to believe but your body just adjusts ... for the first 3-4 months I don't think I had more than 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep at a time at night, and I'm not much of a day-napper (find it makes me feel worse), but I was OK. I was constantly surprised at how I managed to cope on so little sleep. Ok so I probably didn't do very much other than feed and change baby during the day, and so in that regard madeinamerica I do feel for you having to go back to work so early. I guess you'll just have to try and catch naps whenever you can!

Thanks Karmella, it is good to know that. I guess when you have to do it, you can do it.

Yeah I'll have to go back to work at about 4 months. That will be just fabulous! I hope to be still breastfeeding then. I haven't even started to think about how we'll do the night feeds. Well, I start to think about it then I get scared so I stop!

Ye totally your body does adjust but also I'd be mindful of the visitors too. Your baby will still be the same at 5 days old as it is @ 3 weeks.
    Small cute and gorgeous so i.found when breastfeeding it's good to hold off on the visitors for a while as building up ur milk supply in the early days is so important.

I'd advise doin as little as possible and snuggling up with baby as much as possible.
    I remember it was like yesterday when I had my now 2 yr old and I.enjoyed them early days.
    Didn't enjoy them at all with my first I'm afraid because you just don't know what to expect as a first time mother!!!

I do think thou that rest when the baby's resting is good thou you need time to recharge batteries and. Especially feeding you will find even thou it's handy it can be tiring too!

I'm.dying to get next few weeks over with my pelvis is aching. Two girls in shopping trolley today while I did weekly shop. Thought my hips would crack.....

Then I was crossing a road at a roundabout and a fella in a van revved and sped up when he saw me crossing I just got my foot on the path as he passed

Little p*ick!!!! Was I cursing!!!

monflat wrote: »
    Ye totally your body does adjust but also I'd be mindful of the visitors too. Your baby will still be the same at 5 days old as it is @ 3 weeks.
    Small cute and gorgeous so i.found when breastfeeding it's good to hold off on the visitors for a while as building up ur milk supply in the early days is so important.

I'd advise doin as little as possible and snuggling up with baby as much as possible.
    I remember it was like yesterday when I had my now 2 yr old and I.enjoyed them early days.
    Didn't enjoy them at all with my first I'm afraid because you just don't know what to expect as a first time mother!!!

I do think thou that rest when the baby's resting is good thou you need time to recharge batteries and. Especially feeding you will find even thou it's handy it can be tiring too!

I'm.dying to get next few weeks over with my pelvis is aching. Two girls in shopping trolley today while I did weekly shop. Thought my hips would crack.....

Then I was crossing a road at a roundabout and a fella in a van revved and sped up when he saw me crossing I just got my foot on the path as he passed

Little p*ick!!!! Was I cursing!!!

what a wanker!

Karmella wrote: »
    Is the building work in the house really intrusive Comongethappy? That's not going to be much fun for resting before D-day :(

Unfortunately it is. The house is very small, and there is work going on both up and down stairs. I would be happy once the building work is finished, and once bathroom is done so I can start on the baby room and wash the rest of his clothes. I don't mind once my father and brother in law are the only ones working, I just don't feel I can relax with strangers around and coming in and out.

Unfortunately it is. The house is very small, and there is work going on both up and down stairs. I would be happy once the building work is finished, and once bathroom is done so I can start on the baby room and wash the rest of his clothes. I don't mind once my father and brother in law are the only ones working, I just don't feel I can relax with strangers around and coming in and out.

Oh that's tough alright, hope it all goes ok! And you'll have a lovely 'new' house to go with your new baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

[QUOTE=madeinamerica;

So so tired right now. Been waking up at 3am these last few nights and not getting back to sleep. Its not even that I'm hugely uncomfortable or anything, I just am wide awake for hours. Anyone else have that?

This morning I decided to get up at 4.45 as I wasn't going back to sleep. My other half is away with work till next week so I could make noise at 5am without feeling guilty! Cleaned the apartment a bit and pottered around on the laptop before going to work. God I'm wrecked now though, falling asleep at my desk. What will I be like when the baby is here keeping me awake?!:confused:[/QUOTE]

I hear ya! I'm waking a stupid times - 3am/4am/5am - often don't get back to sleep. Sooooo annoying. I can't sleep in anymore either. Used to love my lie-ins at the wends. One of my workmates said today, oh enjoy your lie ins and get plenty sleep. Yeah, right.Think lie-ins are already a thing of the past and this is before baby! :eek:

Hi ladies, just reading through the posts I missed, ahhhh the aches aren't they great!!!:( Turning in the bed is such an ordeal!
    Went to hospital yesterday 33+5 and they couldn't tell me the weight because the machine was older in that particular room which I was a bit annoyed about. Does anyone know if the Coombe give you a growth scan? I'm back in 2 weeks but nothing was mentioned.

Also wondering if anyone has noticed 'down there' feels different?! 3/4 days ago I felt it if it was getting bigger if that makes sense like things were stretching!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Anyone else have a baby in breech? :( I'm trying to relax and tell myself I still have time but this is my nightmare scenario and I'm finding it hard to stay positive right now. And people telling me C sections are fine doesn't help as I am completely surgery phobic - fell out with my mother as she just wouldn't stop going on about how easy it is and this is not what I want or need to hear right now :-( 33 + 2 Btw.

Anyone else have a baby in breech? :( I'm trying to relax and tell myself I still have time but this is my nightmare scenario and I'm finding it hard to stay positive right now. And people telling me C sections are fine doesn't help as I am completely surgery phobic - fell out with my mother as she just wouldn't stop going on about how easy it is and this is not what I want or need to hear right now :-( 33 + 2 Btw.

I am like you complete surgery phob and I've never even had a local anaesthetic in my life!! My sis had C-Section and actually raved about it, she didn't feel a thing, less traumatic on the baby etc I think the fear of the unknown is taking over and I know you must be scared but just think it's the safest way that your baby can be delivered and everything will be fine, big hugs to you & I'm sure your mother is just trying to help, I've snapped at mine a couple of times over the last few weeks for different reasons, one she asked me to go on a family golf trip 2 weeks after my due date down to a hotel....for a first time mother I can't even see beyond childbirth and she's talking about breaks away arghhhh!

• Advertisement

Ah god hopefully the baby will turn it's early days yet and you have weeks to go.
    There are plenty of options available to you and alternative therapies that may aid in turning the baby.

However if it turns out that you have to have a planned c s you have time to get your head around it.
    Have you a ball you could be leaning over?
    Lots of crawling on your hands and knees

Yeah I think there were a couple of posts in one of the other threads (Pregnancy Chat or Pregnancy Moan) about exercises to do to help turning breech baby. But there still is time for baby to turn!

pastry2010 wrote: »
    I am like you complete surgery phob and I've never even had a local anaesthetic in my life!! My sis had C-Section and actually raved about it, she didn't feel a thing, less traumatic on the baby etc I think the fear of the unknown is taking over and I know you must be scared but just think it's the safest way that your baby can be delivered and everything will be fine, big hugs to you & I'm sure your mother is just trying to help, I've snapped at mine a couple of times over the last few weeks for different reasons, one she asked me to go on a family golf trip 2 weeks after my due date down to a hotel....for a first time mother I can't even see beyond childbirth and she's talking about breaks away arghhhh!

Ah I get you with the mother issue!!! It's frustrating even thou she means well.

Don't let it worry you. It's hard as for some reason my mother is annoying me lately!
    It will pass ots probably hormones!!!

Sure isn't 33 weeks still early for them to turn though? My Mum was telling me about her births last night. Apparently I was breech and a couple of weeks before birth her mother brought her to some doctor who turns babies. So he turned me, she said it was awful sore for her. By the time they got home that day, I had turned myself back around breech again. But a few days before I was born I turned head down by myself. So you may have plenty of time yet furbabymomma?

I'm with you on the fear of a section though. Not what I'd want at all.

I wouldn't worry too much furbabymomma, there are loads of exercises you can do to help the baby turn, and it's still early days.

Anyone else have their bump sitting quite low? It's on my lap when I sit now, very awkward feeling!

The only way I'll be able to manage a section is under general, I've put it in my birth plan. It's the sensations of being rumbled around in that my overactive brain can't cope with, not fear of pain or anything. So nothing anyone can say makes a difference. However I had another session if hypnobirthing with my midwife last night and she was very reassuring. Like people are saying, still loads of time. I'll do exercises plus I'm going to see a chiropractor qualified in the Webster technique - this basically realigns your pelvis and loosens your round ligaments giving the baby room to move. I've had problems with tight round ligaments all pregnancy. Plus if all else fails they will turn it for me in hospital. So much more positive today :-)

I wouldn't worry too much furbabymomma, there are loads of exercises you can do to help the baby turn, and it's still early days.

Anyone else have their bump sitting quite low? It's on my lap when I sit now, very awkward feeling!

Mine is kind of in the way when I sit down, hits off my thighs and kinda squashes upwards. I have to keep my knees open if I'm sitting for long, which is not a great look! Feel like a man!

Hope ye are having a nice weekend ladies. As it is getting closer to B-day, I'm starting to think about preparing for breastfeeding. I hope to go shopping for some stuff tomorrow. Have any of ye got nursing bras yet?

Hope ye are having a nice weekend ladies. As it is getting closer to B-day, I'm starting to think about preparing for breastfeeding. I hope to go shopping for some stuff tomorrow. Have any of ye got nursing bras yet?

I got a nursing bra off Jojo Maman Bebe, it's very comfortable and just clips off at the front. Gonna get a couple more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

I got a nursing bra off Jojo Maman Bebe, it's very comfortable and just clips off at the front. Gonna get a couple more.

They have some nice ones in asda £8 each and £5 international delivery, big range of sizes too I got 42dd

Advertisement