Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

I have tried not to listen to what 'everyone else's baby is doing so much any more or I'd be driven mad! A is 11 weeks and this week she has either gone 8 hours at night or else (like tonight lol) woken at exactly 5.20am for a feed.

PS We had a death in the family so missed almost a week of bottle training. Made the decision to skip the Xmas nite out as it just wasn't worth the risk of travelling nearly an hour just to have to turn around and come back again. But I would forgive A anything so there's always next year ;-)

Sorry for your loss, furbabymoma.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Sorry for your loss, furbabymoma.

Thanks madeinamerica x

And while I have a moment just want to wish all of the wonderful September mammies on here the most fantastic Christmas with your brand new, wonderful babbies and your friends and family. Roll on 2015! :D

xmas3.gif

AW thanks fbm and same to you!

I thought I'd got away with it, but the hair loss is really kicking in. I could knit a jumper from my hair brush every morning :( no bald patches yet, did that actually happen to anyone?

This afternoon I'll be making R's hand prints and footprints in salt dough with one of my new mummy friends. Hopefully they'll come out OK and I'll give them to dad for Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

Happy Christmas ladies and to your babies and families xx

I brought the 2 boys to santa yesterday- so feeling really Christmassy now. We are going to my brother for a sleepover Christmas day which will be great. E will have a ball with his cousins and me & baby will be so relaxed - can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Brought J to Santa, queued for 30 minutes even though he hadn't a clue what was going on!!😂
    Loads of hair falling out, blocking plug hole!! Mental!
    I've gotten baba into a sort of routine he goes up between 6.30-7.30pm, wakes again before 12 then again about 4.30am and then 8.30am, problem is he's gotten too big for Moses basket and is in our bed for the last two weeks because he likes to stretch out, was thinking of introducing the cot slowly, he's still only 3 months though...anyone else in similar position?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

pastry2010 wrote: »
    Brought J to Santa, queued for 30 minutes even though he hadn't a clue what was going on!!😂
    I've gotten baba into a sort of routine he goes up between 6.30-7.30pm, wakes again before 12 then again about 4.30am and then 8.30am, problem is he's gotten too big for Moses basket and is in our bed for the last two weeks because he likes to stretch out, was thinking of introducing the cot slowly, he's still only 3 months though...anyone else in similar position?!

Happy Christmas everyone.!
    God pastry he is gorgeous!!!

Fair play to getting so long out of moses all mine were out by 4 weeks.
    My Chap is 16 weeks is in cot since 7 or 8 weeks.
    Loves it and loves that space. .
    Will his cot fit in ur bedroom or will you have to have him in own room?

Aww pastry, what a gorgeous photo! I went with A to Santa too but the photo is dark and they cut off the top of Santa's head lol.

A is still in the co-sleeper, plenty of room for now but doubt we'll get the full 6 months out of it. My mother wants me to get a cot that turns into a bed for the next stage bit I'm wondering would a separate cot and bed be best? Anyone been there and done that?

Not looking forward to hair loss argh!!!

monflat wrote: »
    Happy Christmas everyone.!
    God pastry he is gorgeous!!!

Fair play to getting so long out of moses all mine were out by 4 weeks.
    My Chap is 16 weeks is in cot since 7 or 8 weeks.
    Loves it and loves that space. .
    Will his cot fit in ur bedroom or will you have to have him in own room?

Yeah it's in his room, wouldn't fit in our room, we have the monitor that's a camera and the room is just next door to us but its a big step!! His own room and he's only 14 and a half weeks!

Our bed is big and I do love co-sleeping but we wake up and the two of us are hanging off the bed...he has spread himself and the two of us are going around the aches and pains haha!

• Advertisement

Yeah it's in his room, wouldn't fit in our room, we have the monitor that's a camera and the room is just next door to us but its a big step!! His own room and he's only 14 and a half weeks!

Our bed is big and I do love co-sleeping but we wake up and the two of us are hanging off the bed...he has spread himself and the two of us are going around the aches and pains haha!

Lmao just imagining him starfished out in the middle of the bed with the two of ye dangling off the sides! They are smart out ;)

Aww pastry, what a gorgeous photo! I went with A to Santa too but the photo is dark and they cut off the top of Santa's head lol.

A is still in the co-sleeper, plenty of room for now but doubt we'll get the full 6 months out of it. My mother wants me to get a cot that turns into a bed for the next stage bit I'm wondering would a separate cot and bed be best? Anyone been there and done that?

Not looking forward to hair loss argh!!!

I took down the front rail of the cot so it was like he was in a bed. :) Then transferred him to a proper bed after a few months. Must go up to the attic now and put together the cot for baby. I think I'll put it in the spare room otherwise his dad will have to come into my room when he is minding him here. It's right next to my room anyway so he won't be very far away.

Karmella wrote: »
    Happy Christmas ladies and to your babies and families xx

I brought the 2 boys to santa yesterday- so feeling really Christmassy now. We are going to my brother for a sleepover Christmas day which will be great. E will have a ball with his cousins and me & baby will be so relaxed - can't wait.

Sounds like your Christmas with your brother's family will be lovely :)

Lol he is so cute, his expression is priceless!
    We've our guy in an IKEA cot since the start. But one from my mum group was having issues transferring to a cot from bassinet recently and was recommended to put her in a corner of it. Supposedly she won't feel so lost in a big space then if she misses the closeness of a smaller basket, or something.

Lol, baby owns whatever bed he's in!

Happy Christmas everyone! Have a wonderful time with your lovely new babbas and families and friends :)

Happy Christmas September Mummys & Babies!

Hope you all have a great one! We all deserve it!:)

Xxxxx

My goodness I'm finding the 12 week growth spurt tough! A is only going 2.5 hours between feeds and is feeding over an hour each time! Feel like I've spent Xmas stuck to the couch! And the rest of the family feels like they aren't getting a look in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Happy Xmas and New Year everyone! It's been super special for us newbies with Santa etc for first time. Spent with family of veterans with teenage kids and they are all bemused by us! It's lovely to see how the older cousins are into him. PLUS he has been sleeping brilliantly despite new hoyse, first time in travel cot etc. Must be inheriting my ability to sleep anywhere!
    My goodness I'm finding the 12 week growth spurt tough! A is only going 2.5 hours between feeds and is feeding over an hour each time! Feel like I've spent Xmas stuck to the couch! And the rest of the family feels like they aren't getting a look in!

Gasp! Haven't hit this yet. My chap is 12 wks.

We put babba into cot at 7 wks. He took to it so easily we were shocked. I had been having him in bed with me til then but daddy wanted his bed back! We were bracing ourselves for major issues but he loved it straight off! He never liked moses basket. Good luck!

My little man only wakes up once in 11-12hrs now for a feed. He is 12 wks. While this is brilliant, I now struggle with engorgement. I thought supply equated demand and my supply would reduce. I now take my pump to bed with me. Wake up in bits with v super sore leaky boobs. Will my supply adjust eventually? It's been 4/5 days now -baby sleeping thro the nite. Owie tho...

73trix wrote: »
    My little man only wakes up once in 11-12hrs now for a feed. He is 12 wks. While this is brilliant, I now struggle with engorgement. I thought supply equated demand and my supply would reduce. I now take my pump to bed with me. Wake up in bits with v super sore leaky boobs. Will my supply adjust eventually? It's been 4/5 days now -baby sleeping thro the nite. Owie tho...

Wow that's impressive!!!! Only getting about 6 hrs at night atm. I'm not sure wjat to do about the engorgement though, I can only sympathise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Hope all you lovely ladies and your baby's had a wonderful Christmas!

AJ did so well, just having falling asleep issues. Had to rock him in his nana's travel cot, hold his hand, and lean into the cot to rest my head on him and let him pull my hair to get him to sleep. Lately he has gotten so upset at falling asleep that he will cry and scream. He's napping loads today, but I had to bounce on the bed till he fell asleep to put him in his crib. Putting down while awake but drowsy hasn't worked. PHN said he is just seeing what he can get away with, but the screaming is very distressing. Still, have decided to start sleep training mid Jan

AJ has slept 7 - 8.5 hr stints for 3 nights, and last night he slept 10 hrs. Major leaking the past two nights, and while the first formula top up was normally at four, he kept crying at me that he was still hungry but wasn't getting much from me so I had to give a top up at 1:30.

• Advertisement

Hope all you lovely ladies and your baby's had a wonderful Christmas!

AJ did so well, just having falling asleep issues. Had to rock him in his nana's travel cot, hold his hand, and lean into the cotall week rest my head on him and let him pull my hair to get him to sleep. Lately he has gotten so upset at falling asleep that he will cry and scream. He's napping loads today, but I had to bounce on the bed till he fell asleep to put him in his crib. Putting down while awake but drowsy hasn't worked. PHN said he is just seeing what he can get away with, but the screaming is very distressing. Still, have decided to start sleep training mid Jan

AJ has slept 7 - 8.5 hr stints for 3 nights, and last night he slept 10 hrs. Major leaking the past two nights, and while the first formula top up was normally at four, he kept crying at me that he was still hungry but wasn't getting much from me so I had to give a top up at 1:30.

sounds hard going getting him down. Isn't it mad how hard it can be sometimes? Why do they fight it so? You are doing v well with the nights tho. Decent stretches. Think our lad is so knackered after all the travel and house hopping all week which has him sleeping so well. Sheer exhaustion, the mite.

It might take a while for your boobs to adjust. Are you pumping much at night? If you are pumping a bit for relief your boobs might just keep making a bit too much, in response to the pumping. Engorgement is awful, you poor thing.

It might take a while for your boobs to adjust. Are you pumping much at night? If you are pumping a bit for relief your boobs might just keep making a bit too much, in response to the pumping. Engorgement is awful, you poor thing.

Yes but now I'm gathering that it's not helping! Have to pump somewhat but must keep a limit on it if want my night supply to adjust. Isn't there always something?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Yes but now I'm gathering that it's not helping! Have to pump somewhat but must keep a limit on it if want my night supply to adjust. Isn't there always something?!

What I found good was to apply heat pack to My boobs and lean over the bath and let some milk off. . Or let some small amount drop into a bottle
    The more you pump the worse you will be so if you can bear with it. It will even out after sometime but forget about pumping for the moment if you want to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Wishing a happy and healthy New Year to all the Sept gals and your baby's!

Happy new year everyone! Only 3 days late but sure everything is late these days :) This will be a fun year for us all, babies will be moving before we know it! Looking back at the last year, the first 9 months were hard, pregnancy was tougher than I ever thought it would be (so naive). But having R gave us the best 4 months ever. Being a new Mum has been also very tough on body and mind but just one little smile makes it all rosy :)

On a moany note, electricity company has been digging up our road since 8 pm last night! All night! So noisy, our bedroom is right over it. Why dig at night?! Grrrr

Happy 2015! :) Devopmental check on Thursday argh Scary! I am so bad at tummy time as A just hates it but she's coming on great in other ways so I'm sure it will all even out :)

Back at work full time today and R has his 4 month check up this afternoon with vaccinations. not a good day :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Happy 2015! :) Devopmental check on Thursday argh Scary! I am so bad at tummy time as A just hates it but she's coming on great in other ways so I'm sure it will all even out :)

I didn't realise how short tummy time was
    We were leaving out fella for five minutes, the nurse at the dev check told us a minute at a time will do once he lifts his head then pick him up

• Advertisement

We've the development check on Thursday - he'll be 4 months on Friday!

Anyone attempting to wean yet? Tried him with a little bit of puréed butternut squash today :) he kinda just left it in his mouth not very sure what to do with it but he swallowed it eventually so that's amazing! Was only 2-3 spoonfuls, I'm so proud. He seemed to like it too! He has been eating his fingers constantly for the last couple weeks and he's also been watching me eat with great interest and sticking out his tongue, so figured what the hell, give it a go.

Roasted the squash and blitzed it with some breast milk I'd frozen. I was given a load of annabel karmel books last time but never really did much with them, but been reading them for the last week. When I went back to work I was very lazy & just gave E jars and as a result his palate was ruined (no flavours) and now he eats nothing for me - unless it's a carb or dairy. :/ Determined not to make the same mistakes with C.

I'm enjoying C so much though- he's just a bundle of cuteness & giggles! E is 4 today, can't believe it. :o

Advertisement