Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

9 hrs sleep last night, with a wake of 3 hrs in when we went to bed where I needed to resettle him but without feeding and no more than 10 mins!

Now, sleep can be between 5 - 8 hrs most nights around 6, but the training seems to be paying off. Naps are still difficult, I am still feeding him but he is put to crib awake. However, it can take up to an hour to settle him at times for maybe a 25 min nap. He cries and can scream every time he is put down for naps (but not at night). I just keep to the side of the crib, sing lullabies and kiss, they continue to sit at side and pat tummy or arm or rub face or hand till he relaxes enough to sleep. The cries are hard though, but even holding him to nap he cries.

How are all you mamas getting on?
    I'm about to start reading the No Cry Sleep Solution as atm A will only nap in her buggy after a walk. Need her to nap in her bed for when I go back to work!

How is the sleep going ladies? I haven't been on here for a wee while. Hope all is well. Is AJ screaming s still, comongethappy? How is the sleep book, FBM? Let us know if you like it. 'No cry' sounds good! I read an awful article the other day about people doing 'cry it out' on 8 week old babies, shut the door on them for 12 hours at night :eek: wouldn't the baby be hungry?!

R has been OK with night sleeping, wakes maybe twice (except last night was 5 times, yawn). I usually take him in to bed with me after the second one. It's working ok for us now. Although may be setting me up for a fall: yesterday I got up early before he woke up for the day. when he woke a while later i was in another room andhe was quite upset, wouldn't calm down for daddy, only stopped when i came back into the room. so perhaps he is getting dependent on me being there when he wakes up. That might be a problem!

My mum is over at the moment. Thankfully R is loving her from the start, didn't make strange. All those Skype calls must have worked!

So, bit of a TMI question but, how are your bellies? Mine is still flabby and kinda pudgy, it just kind of sags there. I'm kind of ok with it, as I'm expecting it to take a long while to get back to myself (if I ever do), and I've been eating all round me since I went back to work, so no miracle weightloss and I've put on like 5 pounds since christmas. My Mum has mentioned my belly a few times and asked like 5 times (at least) 'are you pregnant?' 'are you sure you're not pregnant?' 'you know you can get pregnant even when you're breast feeding?'. I just met her for lunch and she brought it up again. She's slim herself, quite conscious of weight and looking thin, which I have never been :/ so it might just be her, but I'm just wondering how other Sept Mums bellies are doing and is mine a bit too big and squidgy? Are yours gone back to normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

So, bit of a TMI question but, how are your bellies? Mine is still flabby and kinda pudgy, it just kind of sags there. I'm kind of ok with it, as I'm expecting it to take a long while to get back to myself (if I ever do), and I've been eating all round me since I went back to work, so no miracle weightloss and I've put on like 5 pounds since christmas. My Mum has mentioned my belly a few times and asked like 5 times (at least) 'are you pregnant?' 'are you sure you're not pregnant?' 'you know you can get pregnant even when you're breast feeding?'. I just met her for lunch and she brought it up again. She's slim herself, quite conscious of weight and looking thin, which I have never been :/ so it might just be her, but I'm just wondering how other Sept Mums bellies are doing and is mine a bit too big and squidgy? Are yours gone back to normal?

Jeez, tell your mum to go jump!! That is perfectly normal!!! I'm still pretty squidgy aswell and its nothing to do with weight loss/gain. I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight of 12 stone - although I'm a bit of a freak of nature because when I got home from the hospital I was 11 stone! As soon as I stopped breast feeding and over Christmas the weight piled back. So yeah I'm about a stone overweight and I've a pudgy belly. Nothing an extreme exercise routine wouldn't fix but who has the time?!?

Honestly girl don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Well, AJ has been waking up after only 4 hrs sleep again... I don't know if I will ever get the sleep thing down! But still better than 2.5 hrs.

MIA, AJ has stopped screaming for the most part, just when going to sleep now and you can tell half the time it's put on. Though he's woke up screaming a few times tonight. I too put him back in crib for 1st wake and then just keep him in bed with us.

Regarding tummies, mine is destroyed. Stretch marks everywhere despite disciplined use of creams, and saggy wrinkly skin. I am half a stone away from my pre pregnancy weight, but my tummy is still a pouch, say core training needed to help but who has time for that? Don't worry about what your mom says. Very few people rebound quickly.

FBM, do tell what you think of the book when you try it out.I have just been trying a few bits from a couple general methods I'be read about.

Thanks, ye make me feel normal! I thought it would take a lot to get the sag to go. I've no time or energy to do anything! I'm nearly 12 stone too, I was 11.5 when he was about month old but it crept up. She's flying out on Tuesday so I'll just grin and bear it till then, not worth the argument with so little time left. Although she's starting to say it to my husband now. He was making a sandwich for me, she told him it was too big and to make me a smaller one. He was like, it's only lettuce, tomato and chicken, all good stuff, it's fine as it is. They both told me about it separately afterwards, she thought she was saving me from a mountain of food and he thought she was nuts.

Anyway, it's good to be able to vent here!

Rían has started waking and crying at about 3am. Crying a lot. Takes a long while to calm him and get him back to sleep. I don't know if it's cause we started him on solids or what. He'll wake and mooch another once or twice as well. I'm wrecked from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

As for post pg bodies...Small soft flat boobs! :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Oh girls I've been having the worst time of it! A has suddenly stopped sleeping at night and has started literally screaming! She wakes up after 3 hours and then for the rest of the night is just hysterical and wants to be on the boob all night. I'm so exhausted and upset. Things have been deteriorating to for the last 2 weeks til the last few nights which have been the worst. She is also super clingy. However she'll nap during the day fine still. She turned 6 months on Monday and started solids and on Tuesday her first tooth finally made it through so think all the changes have affected her. I was only 50 pages into No Cry before it got really bad but hubby has taken her away for the day and I've just had a nap and plan to read as much of it as possible before he gets back. I'll keep you posted xxx

Oh girls I've been having the worst time of it! A has suddenly stopped sleeping at night and has started literally screaming! She wakes up after 3 hours and then for the rest of the night is just hysterical and wants to be on the boob all night. I'm so exhausted and upset. Things have been deteriorating to for the last 2 weeks til the last few nights which have been the worst. She is also super clingy. However she'll nap during the day fine still. She turned 6 months on Monday and started solids and on Tuesday her first tooth finally made it through so think all the changes have affected her. I was only 50 pages into No Cry before it got really bad but hubby has taken her away for the day and I've just had a nap and plan to read as much of it as possible before he gets back. I'll keep you posted xxx

Poor mum and poor bubs! That sounds like a lot going on for A. Hope your nap is refreshing :)

I wonder does starting solids disrupt their sleep at night so? it coincided with R's night time cry-wakenings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

HThereabouts ow is all the babies and mammys doin?
    I'm busy these days working about 36 hrs a week even thou I had not intended to work as much. My little lad will be 8 months next week.
    Since the 3 month mark or thereabouts he has not once slept from 11 midnight to 7am.
    It's pure exhausting but I've given up thinkin about why and if I try this way or that way he might improve.
    It's a long day.
    By the time I clean up in the evening time sit down about 9 or 10 he wakes (he goes @7pm) to bed.
    The minute we sit down he wakes up!
    I've had not one hour alone with the husband since he was born so it's like we are just passing each other and myself goin to bed early to rest to have the energy to get up to him later.!

In sayin that he is flying with his solids he loves his food and is eating all sorts of dishes.
    No teeth yet but teething mad since 8-10 weeks.

There is never a dull moment.
    I have his belated six month development check next week. No doubt all will be ok fingers crossed.

Hope you all are enjoying your little ones and motherhood. !

Hi monflat, sounds like tough going for ye. Fair play for keeping it all going! I'm finding it is more work now that he's started solids, more cleaning anyway! My guy is 8 months next week too.

• Advertisement

Fair play monflat, sounds like tough going atm. I'm dreading going back to work :(

Just a quick update on the sleep situation. I brought A to a cranial osteopath last week. No difference for the first 3 nights but she slept 8 hours the last 2 nights! Now I don't know whether this is because of the osteopath, or because her second tooth is now fully through or because she's getting better at BLW and eating a bit more but I'm happy.

What I was finding was that when she woke she would wake up screaming hysterically. The last two nights she has given a few grumbles but has fallen back asleep again after about a minute. She hasn't escalated to crying or screaming. She's obviously in less discomfort anyway, so I'm just praying it continues! :pac:

Hey girls, yes monflat sounds like a nightmare - you must be exhausted!!!

My latest plan now is to go the au pair route. I don't have an awful lot of room but I think it's the only way I'm going to be able to cope. The creche I was using for Eric is great but they don't do an after school service. So, I need to square it with work that I can cut down to 32 hours (4 days) and I will go back in mid August. But if they don't agree to that I'll be back to square one.

Anyway, besides that Calvin is in great form despite the fact that his first teeth are nearly coming up - I can see them so any day now. He's pulling himself forward using his elbows and can get across the room super fast - usually when he spots one of his brother's toys ha ha. Getting there with his solids as usual he prefers shop bought stuff to my food - it must be the consistency or something. I'm only blitzing my food though - not spending hours slaving to make meals for him!! It is making me eat healthier though :) more veg for me!

I'm getting away at the weekend for a well deserved break - I haven't had one in a month as their dad has jerked me around and been away himself. I mean I love my kids but Jees they are head wrecking at times!!!!

Great to hear updates on babies. Sleep troubles and teething troubles seems common!

My fella, 6.5months is pretty good at night in fairness (lucky I know) but pretty unpredictable for naps. Some days he might not nap at all and will be like a wasp and other days he will. Always the days I want to do something at home and he will go on nap strike or else I'm planning for us to go somewhere and at that point his "30min nap" evolves into 2 hours!! :rolleyes:

On solids. Loves his grub. Mammy not as keen with new regime! I seem to be feeding him every 2 hours!! As for the preparation ... and mess!

Biggest struggle alongside day naps is teething is really bad at the mo. No teeth yet but he's tormented and has been a very grumpy baby for the past week. Seldom smiles. Not himself at all. Keep us posted on everyone.

Glad to hear all mommies are doing great, even if lo's are teething or not sleeping!

I hope your work OKs the 4 day week for you Karmella, fingers crossed!

AJ had his 3rd set in of jabs yesterday, kicked out on the last one and the needle went out and had to go back in again :( . He's been very upset and clingy the past two days, not sleeping well. Lots of drool and red cheeks so I think he's teething again. Little man barely will take any formula nowadays, so pretty much bf even though I had planned to start weaning, but I don't mind too much.

Glad to hear all mommies are doing great, even if lo's are teething or not sleeping!

I hope your work OKs the 4 day week for you Karmella, fingers crossed!

AJ had his 3rd set in of jabs yesterday, kicked out on the last one and the needle went out and had to go back in again :( . He's been very upset and clingy the past two days, not sleeping well. Lots of drool and red cheeks so I think he's teething again. Little man barely will take any formula nowadays, so pretty much bf even though I had planned to start weaning, but I don't mind too much.

AJ had his 3rd set in of jabs yesterday, kicked out on the last one and the needle went out and had to go back in again :( . He's been very upset and clingy the past two days, not sleeping well. Lots of drool and red cheeks so I think he's teething again.

My fella was exactly the same after the 3rd lot of jabs - he was a very sad baby indeed, although he slept a LOT in the 2 days after them.

He was like a wasp last night and wouldn't eat anything so the teeth must be imminent. He woke up at 5 bawling aswell the poor baba. :(

73trix wrote: »
    As for post pg bodies...Small soft flat boobs! :'(

Lol just re read this now, reminds me of what a friend says.. They're like spaniel's ears!

How are you all doing? I hear there was good weather in Ireland last week, hope ye got to enjoy it or at least get some washing dried ;)

R had a few really bad nights there, proper crying waking several times. I stopped feeding him solids for a couple of days just in case they aren't agreeing with him, and upped the milk feeds. Not sure if it helped but he seems fine. We had a busy weekend as we traveled to a christening and he barely slept during the day, too much going on. So his sleep is all mixed up. Back on solids today so we'll see how it goes.

New trick is grinding his teeth, gah, such a sound! Awful. The giggles more then make up for it though, so cute!! He's starting to crawl a bit now, need to baby proof the place! We got a baby fence and he likes it so far.

8 months yesterday, time flies!

Ugh I was sure I wrote an update but it mustn't actually have posted! A had 2 sessions with the cranial osteopath and 3 days after the first session she started sleeping through the night 8 hours at a time and has continued to do so! I still can't quite believe it, especially as she is still ebf. Now I think her second tooth coming fully through also contributed but I think it's too much of a coincidence not to attribute it to the osteopath!

Wow, 8 hrs sleep! Nice!

• Advertisement

Wow, 8 hrs sleep! Nice!

Yeah i don't know myself. I'm actually a light sleeper so I'm still lying there listening for every sound and what I've noticed is when she wakes at night she grumbles and then goes back to sleep, whereas before she would wake and start screaming in pain. I think he's definitely relieved some tension in her head.

Wow furbabymomma, that sounds great!

I think AJ is now starting to settle back - he slept 5.5 hrs last night with only a few wake ups. We went to the playpark for the first time yesterday and went back today, he really loved it today! Was shattered too - napped for nearly 2 hrs after, unheard of for him!

Well, DH and I went out for our anniversary last night, first time away just the two of us. In laws were minding him. We went to a restaurant half an hour away. MIL rang after about an hour and a half when we were having our main, AJ started crying 10 mins after we left and wouldn't stop screaming. We legged it back, heard the poor baby screaming himself hoarse, one minute after holding him he stopped and was all smiles. Felt bad for both AJ and the In laws, both were very upset over the whole thing :-(

Well, DH and I went out for our anniversary last night, first time away just the two of us. In laws were minding him. We went to a restaurant half an hour away. MIL rang after about an hour and a half when we were having our main, AJ started crying 10 mins after we left and wouldn't stop screaming. We legged it back, heard the poor baby screaming himself hoarse, one minute after holding him he stopped and was all smiles. Felt bad for both AJ and the In laws, both were very upset over the whole thing :-(

Ah that's so tough for everyone involved. Kudos to your in laws for managing a crying child for that long though, hope you at least got through your mains!!!

Aw ye poor things! It's so awful at the time, isn't it? :( I'm sure AJ will be fine. It's the wonderful separation anxiety phase, lovely to know they are developing as they should but it makes things tough. great that ye went out yourselves, even if it was cut short. The first time is always hard. We've only been away two evenings.

Are the in laws a bit shook? When my parents were over hubs and i went out to the cinema and dinner, less than 4hrs total. They did great but my mum needed a strong cup of tea and a lie down after it. R was fine with them until she went to put him to bed with my night shirt over her shoulder to help him sleep. I read somewhere that it would help. He lost the plot altogethrr when he saw or smelled the shirt. She didn't know why but after a few goes figured it out. I think he really just cried himself to sleep in her arms but she said he was fine :( I felt awful, for him and for her.

Sure it's all part of it!

Happy anniversary, BTW!

Oh sorry to hear that the meal was cut short, but just persevere - they just need to get used to each other :) it is the age for separation anxiety though. The other day my baby was in his high chair having his grub when the older guy left with his dad. He watched them leave the room and the house and then he turned around to me and just bawled!! So his older brother mustn't drive him mad - he actually missed him :)

Not to make ye feel bad now but I had the most amazing weekend away last weekend with my best mate. We both really needed it!!! She also has 2 kids and a job she hates so the weekend was great. We walked and shopped and ate and drank :) it was brilliant. The boys dad looked after them in my house for the whole weekend and it went off without a hitch. (As far as I know anyway!!)

Small man waited til I got home to cut his first tooth :)

And I'm posting this from a salon where I'm getting an amazing pedicure. So relaxing!! Oh the silence :D

Oh Karmella I'm positively green! Hope you enjoyed every second of it, delighted you got some well-deserved 'me' time :D

Sorry to hear of your babysitting experience come on. I dread the day that happens. When my boy makes strange I'm sure there will be issues. Karmella fair play and well deserved. Envy!!

Girls how have your cycles been since baby? I breastfed and got period back after a month of stopping completely when baby was 6.5 months - but I phased it out from 4mths. I was hopeful of returning to my normal regular textbook 28/29 day cycle but I'm CD 17 now and not a sign of my fertile window at all yet. I'm ttc so a bit impatient!

• Advertisement

My period returned 6 weeks after I stopped feeding completely and they've been regular enough since then ... I guess everyone is different though!

2nd tooth cut today.

Advertisement