Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timeframe to get broadband installed

Options
  • 20-01-2014 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi, I ordered broadband online on the 7th January. On the 13th of January an engineer came to hook me up. He was unable to and told me that i needed new wires ran to my house. I rang customer care a few times to see if i could get an idea of when it will be done just to be told its with the engineers and it is pending.

Can i get a timeframe as to when this will be completed?
    My order reference number is

5749371P

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

smoochie06 wrote: »
    Hi, I ordered broadband online on the 7th January. On the 13th of January an engineer came to hook me up. He was unable to and told me that i needed new wires ran to my house. I rang customer care a few times to see if i could get an idea of when it will be done just to be told its with the engineers and it is pending.

5749371P

Hi smoochie06

I’ve just now requested an update on this from operations. As soon as I have an update from them I'll let you know right away.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

5749371P

Hi smoochie06

I’ve just now requested an update on this from operations. As soon as I have an update from them I'll let you know right away.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

The same engineer as before called today. He said that there is still no line installed. Can you clarify when the line will be installed as i would like to get this sorted as soon as possible.

Bump

Hi Alan,
    Can you check into this for me please. Surely there is a work schedule or something for this and somebody can give me an indication as to when the lines will be installed. Any info will be appreciated.

Hi Alan,
    Can you check into this for me please. Surely there is a work schedule or something for this and somebody can give me an indication as to when the lines will be installed. Any info will be appreciated.

Hi smoochie06

The expected timeframe for installation of a line was previously ten working days. However over the past few weeks resources have been directed to repairing damages on eircoms network causing by the bad weather. This has had an impact on the timeframe for the installation of lines and at this moment in time further resources are being directed to the damage recently caused over the past few days. 

Upon looking in to this further I can see that for your line to be installed there are repairs to be made on poled delivering lines to you. At present I do not have a timeframe but I will of course request an estimated timeframe on this for you.

As soon as I have more information I will let you know.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Could one of the reps here look into this for me and tell me exactly what is going on.

A line engineer rang a few weeks back to say he was going to do a survey of what is needed. Then last week got a call to say an engineer would call to hook me up. I asked was the line definitely installed and I was assured that my order would be completed .

So the engineer calls and he said there is no line and he can't go up the pole as it is too dangerous. The same pole that I seen other engineers climbing!

Can someone please find out when am I going to get a line to my house please.

Could one of the reps here look into this for me and tell me exactly what is going on.

A line engineer rang a few weeks back to say he was going to do a survey of what is needed. Then last week got a call to say an engineer would call to hook me up. I asked was the line definitely installed and I was assured that my order would be completed .

So the engineer calls and he said there is no line and he can't go up the pole as it is too dangerous. The same pole that I seen other engineers climbing!

Hi smoochie06

I'm really very sorry to hear this, I have just now requested an update on what seems to be going on and as soon as I have news I will let you know right away.

Thanks

Al

Hi,

I finally got the line installed for broadband on Friday the 21st march.
    My question is can you tell me when do i get the router i assumed that i would have it by now. I thought it was to be with me after five days. Also when do i start paying for the service? 
    Is it from when the line was installed or from when i actually start using the service.
    Hope you can shed some light on this for me.

Hi,

My question is can you tell me when do i get the router i assumed that i would have it by now. I thought it was to be with me after five days. Also when do i start paying for the service? 
    Is it from when the line was installed or from when i actually start using the service.
    Hi smoochie06

If you would like to PM me your order, Account or landline number I'll look in to this further and get back with answers for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi,

Hi smoochie06

If you would like to PM me your order, Account or landline number I'll look in to this further and get back with answers for you.

Thanks
    Al
    PM Sent
    Just noticed that my order number is in the first post

Hi,

Hi smoochie06

Thanks
    Al
    PM Sent
    Just noticed that my order number is in the first post
    Thanks for taking my call smoochie06

I'll keep you updated with all information I receive on this.

Al

Hi Alan,

Any more progress made on this yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi Alan,

Any more progress made on this yet?
    Hi smoochie06

I can see the Phone line is installed. However the Broadband order has not yet been placed as Line details have to be updated here before a Broadband pre-test can be done and then the Broadband ordered. I can see Al requested this on last Wednesday but unfortunately this is not done yet. I will chase this again and request that this be done.

I apologise for this delay,

thanks
    Colm

Has anyone anymore information on this issue. 

Last Wednesday a guy called once again to fix my problem. However he now says that there is no line there. He said something about a fuse being gone or something and that it needs a hoist???

I am completely fed up with this now i really think you are taking way too long to sort this out. I would appreciate a solution to this now.

Has anyone anymore information on this issue. 

Last Wednesday a guy called once again to fix my problem. However he now says that there is no line there. He said something about a fuse being gone or something and that it needs a hoist???

I am completely fed up with this now i really think you are taking way too long to sort this out. I would appreciate a solution to this now.
    Hi smoochie06

Thanks for taking my call, I'll be back with more information tomorrow for you. Apologise for the delays.

Thanks
    Al

Alan have you any more information on this for me i was expecting you to call yesterday?

Alan have you any more information on this for me i was expecting you to call yesterday?
    Hi smoochie06

Thanks for taking my call, the broadband order is in place and modem is on way out - let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,
    Received the modem today thanks. Got it all connected and it won't connect to the internet. When I was talking to you last week you said that might happen and that you might have to switch something on your side. Hope you can do this for me. Cheers.

Hi Alan,
    Received the modem today thanks. Got it all connected and it won't connect to the internet. When I was talking to you last week you said that might happen and that you might have to switch something on your side. Hope you can do this for me. Cheers.

No worries smoochie06

Thanks for letting me know, I will not be able to switch anything on myself -  what happens next is that an engineer needs to go to your local exchange and enable your line for DSL. I can see this is due to happen on Friday so you will be up online then.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement