Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Slideshow for website

Options
  • 20-01-2014 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭

Hey there I took inspiration from this article for my slideshow. I worked with the source code from the website to make it my own and when I copy/pasted the html & css over to my project html & css files it doesn't seem to load or work.

I went over my code again and again but still haven't managed to solve the problem. It's working perfectly in the seperate html file but just not in my project file.

The files are attached and I would greatly appreciate any help! (I didn't add the images as are they too big in size)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I can't see the requisite images in the project files. Check that all your assets are actually included, check links and paths.

I wouldn't recommend using spaces or using mixed cases in filenames. There's no particular reason not to use the conventional directories images, css and js - it's an unnecessary change which makes tracking errors from the original version harder, that just makes more work for you.

Also beware of putting these sliders on homepages as their performance for users is poor - the waiting problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

tricky D wrote: »
    I can't see the requisite images in the project files. Check that all your assets are actually included, check links and paths.

I wouldn't recommend using spaces or using mixed cases in filenames. There's no particular reason not to use the conventional directories images, css and js - it's an unnecessary change which makes tracking errors from the original version harder, that just makes more work for you.

Also beware of putting these sliders on homepages as their performance for users is poor - the waiting problem.

I didn't add them in as boards.ie prevents me from adding more than 1mb per file so I've added in the code on google drive which can be downloaded below.

I've changed the image file names and added it into the img html as well. As you suggested I've changed the directories to images, css and js. However with the changes I've made it didn't make much of a difference and the issue still lies.

Project code on google drive:

EDIT: Thanks managed to get solved through file directories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Thanks tricky D I looked into the directories and I had the code inside a folder which I guess made it harder for myself!

Advertisement