Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoI Changes

Options
  • 21-01-2014 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Team

I've a few tips which would make your online service much easier and user friendly for your customers.

1 - display the full account details on the online service of my accounts. I do not retain details of my accounts saved down anywhere. This is because it's a security risk. It's better to have the details online. However, when I log in and go through the security checks to get into my account, I cannot see my full account details. If I then want to give someone my account number or sort code, I'm unable to. This makes it harder to get payments processed. If someone has done the security checks to log in, why not show the full account details (sort code and account number).

2 – show the full account details of payees. If I want to make a payment to someone, I’d like to be able to see their full account details. This would mean I could call up someone I’ve registered but haven’t paid in a while and cross-check their bank details to what I’ve got saved online. Currently, I can only see the last 4 digits which isn’t much use to anyone. Again, if I’ve logged in why not show the full account details (sort and full account number). It doesn’t make any sense in the current format.

3 – allow remittance advices / copies of cash transfers to be saved down on PDF. This means not just having the option to print out the remittance but also to save to PDF. The remittance should also show the account details to which the cash transfer was made, not just the name. This would mean I could make a payment, save down a PDF receipt and keep on file, or send to the person I’m paying so they have a record of payment.

4 – Adding new payees. At the moment you need to register and get a code and receive texts and so on. Not very user friendly at all. I admit it’s much better than before where you had to wait a week to get a letter in the mail with a code and then log in and register that. Unless there is a legal requirement to do so, a customer should be able to pay someone online, immediately. This could be limited to say anything below €1,000, or for business accounts anything below €10,000 (or a limit set by each business depending on their needs). This whole registration process is a waste of time and inefficient. You should be able to log in, enter the payee details (sort, account number, name, description of what payment relates to) and transfer the cash straight away.

5 – Adding a field in the payment where you can type in anything you want. This would be something like “Payment for hotel in Cork” so that the person receiving the cash would know both who the money is from and what is relates to.

6 – I just experienced this now. I was writing up these suggestions and the system automatically logged me out as I was on the same screen for more than 5 minutes. This meant all the above I had typed out was lost even though I was logged in and using the service, but just not moving between screens. It’s something that should be easily fixed.

I am currently based in Australia. My tips are based on experiences using my own personal bank account here. I am happy to provide you with screen shots and additional information of how I think the Bank of Ireland online service could be adjusted to make the entire process much more user friendly and efficient. These are not expensive changes either – some development work is needed which costs money but I believe it’s a worthwhile investment.

If you need further information, please feel free to contact me on and I’d be happy to help out.

Thanks
    Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi MFAHEY

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

1. We are aware our online Bank of Ireland 365 Online Service will display only the last 4 digits of a customers’ account number.  We have introduced eStatements online, whereby customers will have instant access to account number, sort codes, IBAN and BIC details etc.

2. Depending on the jurisdiction on your account online, Republic of Ireland/ Northern Ireland/UK account, some screens may vary.
    When accessing a Republic of Ireland account, you are correct, the Money Transfer option online does not provide you with the detailed account information of a payee. When you require this information, it may be best to first select the ‘Manage Account’ option in the left hand side of the Homepage, and then proceed to ‘Manage Payees’, this will allow you to see your list of payees, by selecting the small arrow symbol beside your payee, will open displaying a list of the payee details.

3. The remittance is available to print online and we welcome your suggestion to allow the customer to save this in pdf form. We will forward this to our 365 Development Team.

4. I understand each time a new payee is added by our mobile delivery method, a once off activation code is sent by SMS. These codes are sent within minutes. Once activated, you will not need the code again for a particular payee.

5. With the introduction of SEPA, it is now possible to edit the field reference and input up to 140 characters within the remittance field. This will make it a lot easier for the beneficiary to identify the sender.

6. 365 Online will ‘time out’ after 10 minutes online if you are not navigating on the site. Our 365 Development Team at present are reviewing the ‘time out’ option online.

We really appreciate the time you have taken to compose such a detailed post. You can be assured, we will forward your concerns and suggestions to our 365 Development Team.

Many Thanks

Alison 

Advertisement