Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upload a 12 Gig file?

Options
  • 21-01-2014 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I have a wedding video, 12 Gig duration 40 min. 1080p 25fps in mp4.
    What are my options for uploading it to a free site so I can post a link for friends to view. I do wish to preserve its quality.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This probably isnt the right sub but anyways.

Yeah, your family and friends dont need it raw. You can compress it and it'll still look fine, but be less than half the size. Run it through h.264 and then bung it on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DaveR1000

Google drive - 15GB's free space - just add the file into you're google folder and it will sync up in its own time.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭mrtom

DaveR1000 wrote: »
    Google drive - 15GB's free space - just add the file into you're google folder and it will sync up in its own time.

Didn't know it could upload a single file that size.
    cheers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Please tell me you're not seriously considering distributing a 12GB 40minute video file.

Re-encode it to something sensible, you won't even notice the difference in quality and your video file will be a fraction of its current size.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Just use Movie Maker, iMovie, Sony Vegas whatever software you have and render it at 1080p, don't upload 12GB of data onto the Cloud, you'd be there forever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DaveR1000

mrtom wrote: »
    Didn't know it could upload a single file that size.
    cheers

Just had a look - max file size is 10GB

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

You can split video in smaller chunks then you would be feel more comfortable to share with friends. Heavy files always creates performance issue on online mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭900913

Your friends would need a 41 Mbs connection to stream your 12GB 40minute video file.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

You could do it by P2P, i.e torrenting

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭900913

I would compress it and burn it to a load of DVDs.
    It will save your friends and family from using up most of their monthly data allowance in 40 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Put up a compressed/processed one and a full size one ?

and/or send out USBkeys to those who'd like them ?

http://www.crystalmedia.ie/?page_id=433

http://www.webcardusb.com/

....... don't upload 12GB of data onto the Cloud, you'd be there forever!

you might ....

https://www.hyperoptic.com/web/guest/home#2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

just throw it on youtube. first increase your account limit so you can post longer than 15 minutes. make it unlisted so randomers can't find it.

youtube will compress it to what it needs to be, let them handle it. best to upload the best quality you can to them and let their servers figure it out.

if you've e-fibre, upload should take just 1.5 hours

gctest50 wrote: »

What a tease!

Imagine have concurrent 1,000Mb up and down...

we are so far behind
    Nuro will cost ¥4,980 (US$51) per month on a two-year contract, plus a ¥52,500 installation fee that it is currently offering for free for those that apply online. The upload speed is 1Gbps.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2034643/sony-isp-launches-worlds-fastest-home-internet-2gbps.html

gctest50 wrote: »

I believe that's the ISP Sony owns...

My friends in Netherlands have 500/500 and here was me getting excited over getting 100/20!

Advertisement