Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving pension from UK to Ireland

Options
  • 21-01-2014 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi.

I previously worked in the UK for a number of years. I had a pension plan which both me and my employer contributed to with Scottish Life. Since I left the company I've tried to contact the financial advisor who set up the pension plan (He doesn't work directly for SL) to try to move it to a Euro fund in Ireland. To say he's been unresponsive is a bit of an understatement. I'm not even sure if this is possible to transfer a pension between countries like this, or if it is, if there's some form of penalty.

I've also tried to contact Scottish Life directly, but again, I've haven't received any response.

Does anyone know a way I can do this without having to go through the same financial advisor? Is my best bet to contact an adviser in Ireland who's familiar with SL to move the fund? The amount is substantial enough so I'm pretty keen to chase it up.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks,
    MM

Advertisement