Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garden led on 240 volt

Options
  • 21-01-2014 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello All,
    Bought 8 garden led light fittings GU10 they are 240 volt and the gu10 bulbs are all 5 watt cob led cool white ,,the light fitting is IP66 rated so ok for outside,,i am wondering best way to supply power to them,,, i.e. ,,cable ,mccb etc. etc...I was thinking of swa cable for power might be best as outside and use a circuit breaker in shed consumer board ,, as wattage is only 40 watt total wondering what cable is best and what breaker to use..
    Any help or ideas greatly welcomed .icon14.png.. thanks in advance icon7.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

1.5 sq be appropriate and 6amp mcb, your plan sounds good so should work well. Is there a flex off the fittings?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jimlynch123

thankd wicki and yes there is a 500mm flex of 3 core with light fitting i was going to remove this and just wire my cable directly then link each 1 that way have less joints

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

garden lights with flexible leads wouldn't be a great job... although they do seem to make them alright

there's plenty of old threads on rcbo/swa and joints here

think you require registered contractor for this now

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jimlynch123

thanks for that tom...have been reading up on them as I intend to have 1 on the lighting for safety sake

Advertisement