Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SD card on Gemini Tablet problem

Options
  • 21-01-2014 4:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, can anyone help me with my daughters gemini tablet memory? I cant download any additional apps as it says theres not enough room yet the micro SD card has nothing on it....I cant get it to use the 16gb micro sd card I've put in it for any of the apps downloaded...the internal storage is full so when I try to move an app using the "move to SD card" button in the apps settings it just tells me "couldnt move app". In the Storage setting it displays the micro sd card with its 14GB available. We only have 6 or so games downloaded and Im not having the same problem with her sisters (non-gemini)tablet?
    Any thoughts?? Lou

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭notmymark

Hi Lou99, unfortunately you are not able to install the majority of apps onto SD cards. SD cards are intended for keeping pictures, music and files on and not running apps. That being said there are some apps that can run off the SD but most require internal memory. If you go into settings and applications, any apps that can be put onto the SD card will have a active button saying “move to SD”.

You are not the only one to fall into this trap! If you have no apps that can be moved to the SD then make sure that pictures, videos, music and any other files are being stored on the SD. Other than that there isn’t much you can do short of uninstalling some apps.

Advertisement