Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gait analysis - AK big up

Options
  • 21-01-2014 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

My sister and mother have taken up running.

"David we think we have the wrong shoes"
    "I told you that, go to AK (preferably to Sean but failing that they are all good)

Email from my sister today:

"How you? I went to Elverys after work yday, did gait test on treadmill...she said running wrong and also arch dropped. Recommended Asics...either 130e pair or the Kanayo ones (175). Said not to run too much until got runners with support as if arches fell properly...there was no coming back from it.

THEN....I got home and went to Amphibian King in Ballymount as you recommended to Mum. Guy there was amazing. Said I had good arches. Then did gait test and picked couple pairs of runners for me...and videoed me running in all of them. He even let me run around the carpark with odd runners on to see which i preferred. I couldn’t get over the customer service. He said Kanayo ones would have been totally wrong for me. Got a pair of Brooks. Thanks for advice bro!!!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Its rare but i 100% agree with your advice ! Great to hear a proper service being appricated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

i live in mayo,i get my runners in ak in ballymount.. that should say it all about customer service
    last time i was there they didnt have my size, sent me to bray who had last years model for 35 quid or this years for 100 and something, they didnt try to push the newer ones on me either..

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Have to agree ak is a great place to get runners.
    I haven't a whole lot of choice as most stores don't stock over 12, luckily ak do and have an excellent range and excellent advice.
    I have no affiliation to them I'm just a happy (repeat) customer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

woody1 wrote: »
    i live in mayo,i get my runners in ak in ballymount.. that should say it all about customer service
    last time i was there they didnt have my size, sent me to bray who had last years model for 35 quid or this years for 100 and something, they didnt try to push the newer ones on me either..

You live in Mayo and come to Ak in Dublin.
    I live in Dublin and go to AK in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

idealy id like to go to galway and chat to akw but its a 2 hour spin from me, i can go to the dublin shop when im visiting home for the weekend..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

tunney wrote: »
    You live in Mayo and come to Ak in Dublin.
    I live in Dublin and go to AK in Galway.

I live in Drogheda & shop in Limerick:)

Advertisement