Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint

Options
  • 21-01-2014 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey... your complaints procedure (https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/customer-complaints-process/) reads like it was written in 1970, so I decided to post here. 

Last week I called 365, wrote to the online service desk, and eventually called my branch to have an overdraft service removed and enquire about a fee refund. I had to POST the final request. Regarding the refund the branch told me they had no power to control that, but would look into it. 365 told me they had no power to control it. Is there a secret hideout somewhere where the people with the power live? 

Other issues, I would like you to bring up with your management...

The online helpdesk system, while a welcome addition to Banking 365, is very poorly implemented. There is no option to directly reply to an answer from your staff and no external notification that the issue has been addressed by your staff. It is not harmful at all to email a customer when a response has been made to a query, instructing them to log in to the service and read the response. It is also not harmful, when logged in, for a customer to receive a notification slightly more visible than the 9 pixel inbox count in the top right hand side of the screen. 

Second issue... I contacted BOI by phone, online helpdesk, and eventually by finding an internal number for my branch in order to have this overdraft facility removed. There was a requirement to send the request on paper, by post. At one point a fax was suggested. I don't have access to a fax machine, or a time machine. This is 2014. Digital account management is not rocket science and has already been implemented by many banks. I see this failure to address the multi channel experience as a dire shortfall in the service offering by BOI, all in parallel with the imposition of extortionate fee structures. 

As mentioned, I was going to use your entirely separate, non-integrated complaints procedure to send a copy of this complaint. There are zero digital options so I didn't bother. Get with the program, it's 2014, not 1975. 

Google "service design", BOI could do with some help there. 

Best regards,

John.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Good morning John, 

Many thanks for posting. 

We will certainly pass on your comments about the Online Service Desk functionality to the Banking 365 Development Team for consideration in future developments. The services available on the Online Service Desk are under continuous review and the Development Team are always happy to hear customer feedback and suggestions. 

Some requests require a signature and at present, this is the case in cancelling an Overdraft Facility. 

If a fee is applied in error, your account holding branch will investigate this for you however if you are not happy with the outcome, you can raise a formal complaint - please see details below. 

We would not be in a position to raise a formal complaint on your behalf - please see our charter here

Information on our Customer Complaints Process can be found here

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement