Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storing pram

Options
  • 21-01-2014 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have a first baby arriving in June and I am just getting to thinking about the logistics of storage, specifically larger items like the pram when not in use. We live in a standard estate house, no utility room, hall quite narrow, the kitchen is a good size but a pram would take up a lot of space. I was thinking of getting a storage shed something like this

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7058316/c_1/1|category_root|Garden+and+DIY|14418702/Trail/searchtext%3ESTORE.htm

And putting it on the patio where it would be easy to reach. Just wondering if anyone else uses something like this or if someone could suggest an alternative?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I leave my pram in boot of car: out of the way but very easily accessible? Like that I have storage problems too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I used to leave my buggy in the boot if the car but my car was stolen on Thursday night and with it the buggy!! Left me hamstrung, I had to go out on Friday and buy a new buggy (which I already hate :( )
    It is a good solution otherwise, just make sure the car is secure!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Is it possible to have baby brain 4 months before the baby arrives??? I never thought of the boot of the car! What a plonker I am! Nikpmup, I read about your burglary in the moan thread, you poor thing, what an awful thing to happen. Will your insurance cover the cost of the pram?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

In the porch if you have a porch door that can be locked.
    Under the stairs

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

In the porch if you have a porch door that can be locked.
    Under the stairs

I keep my double in the boot and in the porch if I am out n about with it .

• Advertisement

ncmc wrote: »
    Is it possible to have baby brain 4 months before the baby arrives??? I never thought of the boot of the car! What a plonker I am! Nikpmup, I read about your burglary in the moan thread, you poor thing, what an awful thing to happen. Will your insurance cover the cost of the pram?

Unfortunately not, my car insurance doesn't cover personal effects or replacement car hire :mad: Serves me right for just buying the cheapest car insurance and not actually reading the policy. I think my house insurance *might*, problem is, my sister gave me her buggy..... As I didn't pay for it, it might not be covered; even though it'll cost money to replace it! I don't know, an assessor is coming out to chat about the house insurance next week so we'll find out then.

Regarding your OP, that shed thing might be a bit damp in wet weather, the buggy material might get wrecked?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

nikpmup wrote: »
    Unfortunately not, my car insurance doesn't cover personal effects or replacement car hire :mad: Serves me right for just buying the cheapest car insurance and not actually reading the policy. I think my house insurance *might*, problem is, my sister gave me her buggy..... As I didn't pay for it, it might not be covered; even though it'll cost money to replace it! I don't know, an assessor is coming out to chat about the house insurance next week so we'll find out then.

Regarding your OP, that shed thing might be a bit damp in wet weather, the buggy material might get wrecked?
    Oh I’ve made that mistake with getting the cheapest insurance, there’s always something not covered and you’d be goggle eyed trying to figure out what’s covered and what’s not. Hope you can get something back, it’s a big loss to lose a buggy. I think I’ve gone off the idea of the shed, I would worry it would be damp and really, the car would be as safe as a boot. I drive a 7 year old Fiesta with 180’000km on the clock, so it would want to be a badly off burglar that would steal that!

I wouldn't mind, my OH works in insurance :o He of course, has an epic policy. Has a big hire car for the week, is getting paid for the bits of fluff that were on the floor of his car that he'll never see again. Has someone from the ins company coming around to smooth his furrowed brow and make tea.

He's sorting out my renewal next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

We live in a small house too but I still keep the buggy in the kitchen. We need it every morn to take the little one to crèche so its impractical to have to assemble it from the boot. Also, when my son is tired he loves lying in the buggy to watch cartoons. I would be lost without it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

ncmc wrote: »
    Hi all, I have a first baby arriving in June and I am just getting to thinking about the logistics of storage, specifically larger items like the pram when not in use. We live in a standard estate house, no utility room, hall quite narrow, the kitchen is a good size but a pram would take up a lot of space. I was thinking of getting a storage shed something like this

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7058316/c_1/1|category_root|Garden+and+DIY|14418702/Trail/searchtext%3ESTORE.htm

And putting it on the patio where it would be easy to reach. Just wondering if anyone else uses something like this or if someone could suggest an alternative?

I have my pram in the front room and find it very handy to pop baby in for naps plus I can bring him into kitchen easily. At the moment he had jaundice :( so is using it to sunbathe in at the window!! It's very handy to keep him contained when I need to do something!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

keep it in dining room

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Porch for us - but can be cold to put babba in

Advertisement