Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

frozen shrimp/prawns

Options
  • 21-01-2014 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

I picked up a couple of kilo of prawns, frozen, that were on special.

what's the best way to cook them?

So far, I've put about ten of them on skewers with chicken and done them under the grill, but in the time it took to cook the chicken, the prawns were over done and dried out a bit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I think I'd probably divide them into portions so I could incorporate them in a few meals. I'm thinking paella, some in a fish pie and a simple linguini dish with prawns, garlic and cherry tomatoes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

What can't you do with prawns would be the better question. Have them with pasta, on their own fried with chilli and garlic, on pizzas, in curries, in stir fries...

/edit: I realise your question is more about how to cook them. Very quickly, in that case. Are they cooked or raw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

They are cooked. Also, I should have mentioned, I am of the opinion that seafood + garlic is the work of beelzebub himself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They are cooked. Also, I should have mentioned, I am of the opinion that seafood + garlic is the work of beelzebub himself.

Banned

;)

Cooked prawns only need to be reheated or they'll go rubbery, so just a couple of minutes will do them. You can fry them, BBQ them, or even boil them if you wanted.

Advertisement