Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post office Book problem

Options
  • 21-01-2014 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hey there guys not sure if this is the right place or not if not could a mod move the thread please

Ok so I lost my original post office book last year I got a new one and everything was fine and dandy until I lost this one and found the original one and I was wondering whether or not I can still use the original one even though the balance is different

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Not trying to be smart, but have you asked An Post?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Menelaun

Not trying to be smart, but have you asked An Post?
    Rang them earlier was on the line for a bit hung up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

I think the Post Office book is just a record for you regarding your transactions and balances. They could probably put in an adjusting entry bringing the old book up to the date.

However, I'm only guessing here, and the best thing to do is to ask them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

As far as I am aware you must use the new book.
    That would be the case with a bank so presume its the same wit An Post

Advertisement