Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's my debit card?!!!

Options
  • 21-01-2014 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

November last year my BOI debit card stopped working - I coudn't use it in chip and pin nor in ATMs. I went into a branch on Baggot Street, Dublin to get this faulty card replaced.

I was informed that a new bank card would be despatched within 5 work days, free of charge.

Bank card has never been received and I have to go into branch every time I wish to withdraw cash. Every time I go in to do this I enquire on the card and the tellers have absolutely no idea what day it is, never mind where my card is.

In December I reordered the card, still nothing received - very inconvenient as had no debit card over the Christmas period.

Early January I then noticed an €8 charge for a card I still havent received three months after origially ordering.

Having no liabilities to Bank Of Ireland I will certainly be moving bank as this is a pathetic service for which in the last quarter I have paid €50+ in debit card fees.

I'd appreciate if someone in here can look into this for me as to be honest I have lost what little faith I had in Bank of Ireland to begin with.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Hi ahbell,[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Thank you for your post.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Apologies you have not received your replacement Visa Debit Card as of yet. Unfortunately as we do not have account access here we are unable to query the status of this card for you.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Normally when a replacement card is ordered it can take up to 5-7 working days to be delivered to the address we hold on file for you, therefore, we would suggest you contact your account holding branch directly or alternatively please contact BOI365 on 0818 365 365 where a representative[/font][font=Arial", "sans-serif] can check the status of your card for you and advise you on what address this card is being issued out to.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]In more cases there is a charge of €8.00 on a replacement Visa Debit Card, should you wish to have this fee reviewed please contact your branch where a staff member will be happy to look into this for you. Branch details can be located here.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]We hope this issued is resolved for you shortly, if there is anything else we can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact us.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Arial", "sans-serif]Paula C[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

Hi ahbell,

Thank you for your post.

Apologies you have not received your replacement Visa Debit Card as of yet. Unfortunately as we do not have account access here we are unable to query the status of this card for you.

Normally when a replacement card is ordered it can take up to 5-7 working days to be delivered to the address we hold on file for you, therefore, we would suggest you contact your account holding branch directly or alternatively please contact BOI365 on 0818 365 365 where a representative can check the status of your card for you and advise you on what address this card is being issued out to.

In more cases there is a charge of €8.00 on a replacement Visa Debit Card, should you wish to have this fee reviewed please contact your branch where a staff member will be happy to look into this for you. Branch details can be located here.

We hope this issued is resolved for you shortly, if there is anything else we can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C
    Awful reply. Been in the branch and called several times and no further forward. Will be leaving Bank of Ireland at the earliest opportunity. 5-7 working days... it's been 3 months!  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi ahbell,

The information supplied above is correct. Access to an account would be required to investigate a query of this nature. As this is a social channel, we do not have access to customer's account details so would be unable to assist you as much as we would like here. 

If you would like to send us a private message, including your full name, branch name and your contact phone number, we will be more than happy to forward these details to your branch. Please note, we will be unable to advise when you will be contacted by the branch.

You can find details on what to expect from us here on Boards by checking out our charter, which can be viewed here.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

Hi ahbell,

The information supplied above is correct. Access to an account would be required to investigate a query of this nature. As this is a social channel, we do not have access to customer's account details so would be unable to assist you as much as we would like here. 

If you would like to send us a private message, including your full name, branch name and your contact phone number, we will be more than happy to forward these details to your branch. Please note, we will be unable to advise when you will be contacted by the branch.

You can find details on what to expect from us here on Boards by checking out our charter, which can be viewed here.

Thanks
    Tara
    Thanks - sent you that PM now. Was in the branch again today and still no further forward. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi ahbell,

We've received your PM thank you. I have forwarded your post and details to your branch and requested they arrange to make contact with you.

Thanks again for taking the time to post.

Tara 

• Advertisement
Advertisement